Distance from bulb to plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Rh420__, Mar 9, 2016.

1. wassup everyone, new to growing and I was wondering how far should I have my 400w mh bulb from my plant?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. still vegging btw (day 18 since seed sprouted)

3. Try 2-3 feet. How far away is it now?

• Like Like x 1
  4. About 18 inches or so. Put your hand at the canopy level and see how warm it is. If it feels warm to you then its warm to the plant and should be farther away.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I would have guessed 18" would be a bit too close for an 18 day old seedling but maybe not.

6. It's about two feet above the plant, it feels warm when I place my hand just a little over foot from the light. Should I place it closer from where it is now?

7. also have another question, would a 7000k mh work fine?

8. Put your hand RIGHT over the plant, basically touching the plant with your palm. Canopy height. The back of your hand is more sensitive to heat than your palm. If your hand is warm then the plant is warm and the light is too close and needs to be move up. 18 inches is just a guide point. 400 watts isn't that hot compared to 1k. Seedlings are much more sensitive to heat and light so move it a bit farther away.

9. Alright I did what you said, thanks for your help do you think the spectrum 7000k is fine?

10. 7000k? If it's blue/white good for veg. Yellow/orange good for flower.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. yea, I believe it says 7000k or 7100k on the bulb... alright well it looks blue, thanks once again

• Like Like x 1