distance from 250W HPS light

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Tomizini, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

could you tell me the distance that i must put the top of my baby (white widow with 3 weeks old) from the light (250 watt HPS)?

Tks

2. For a 250w HPS anywhere from 5 inches but put your hand underneath if it doesnt burn after a minute it Cush fella.

Attached Files:

3. I am also going to be using a 250 watt hps (currently in veg tho). Once I switch to the flowering cycle, I was planning on putting it about 15-18 inches above the canopy. This is my first grow so we will see how it goes.

4. #4 josephspare21, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Wat i do is watch the leafs if the edges curl alittle up then your to close move the light away little bits at a time it will take a bit before it straitens out (like about 24 hours or so) so dont jump up to high to soon then when the leafs straiten out thats how far u should be.

that chart dosent seen to really work well atleast for me

example:

i had a plant under my 150 watt and i could put my light down to 10 above the plant easy but then my next grow I got a different plant and i couldn't go lower then 16 inches away so in the end alot of it just depends on the plant itself thats why i watch the leafs.

• Like Like x 1