Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dissapointed w/ 2 New Pieces

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by EastCoastToke, Apr 21, 2010.

1. My friend has a small bubbler, its basically a simple ass glass bottle with a rubber 'cork' like thing that contains the hose and the bowl. Well I loved how convenient it is as opposed to my Vortex which takes a lot more time and effort.

So, I went out and bought two of them a small one and a bigger one, the same thing except the mouthpiece was wooden. Not thinking at all - got home ripped it. Coughed like a mad man and I think it's because the wooden mouth piece. It changes the whole flavor of the weed. My friends mouth piece is a marble type and my two are wooden.

Is it me? Have I gone crazy or is this so, that the wood piece did indeed change the flavor.

Other than going out any buying a new one, any advice?

2. ive seen these at my LHS for like 5 bucks. super simply bubbler. is your flame touching the cork or heating it up at all? if so, go back and get a new one. or better yet, invest in something that doesnt torch your lungs. fyi: those glass bottles tend to burst at high temperatures.

3. We've been using his for some time and it hasn't broke yet from the heat. Also, the flame is not heating the rubber plug at all, my hits taste like I just finished sucking on a 2 by 4.

It's the wood mouth piece. Will this eventually go away with avid use or what.

4. you could like, carve the wood away from it or somethin man :smoking::wave:

5. #5 smoke da weed, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2010
    The wood flavor will just about always be there. Glass doesn't have a specific flavor, but I notice it with my pipes aswell, I enjoy the taste now.

It's acquired imo.