Disposing of green houses?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by DD2U, Dec 19, 2020.

1. This is probably an odd post and might not be in the correct forum, but I have a question.

I am buying a piece of property in central california that has 10 huge green houses. It isn't possible to grow cannabis on this property, the county shut this down so this stuff needs to go away. These are commercial setups maybe 50-100 feet long and 6 or so feet tall. Most still have the fans and radiators on them. Is there some place I can post them? I have thought of craigslist. I am hoping to find someone who can use them, I hate to bring in someone and to haul all of this to a land fill. However, it may be that it doesn't have enough value for someone to come get it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. IMO: Craigslist ...getting cheaper every week until gone

good luck

3. maybe hit up some nursery's / grow shops in your area, they might have a pretty good idea of who is looking for stuff. otherwise Craigslist

4. You're in or near wine country.
    Find enjoyable company and go wine tasting - leave your card everywhere. Post pictures and let them know it's free for removal.
    Them are the kind of people who use this stuff. But like you said, who knows what it's worth to them. Maybe look up the dealers and see what they go for new and assess the condition of yours?

You could hit a few wineries in a day. Maybe they know somebody? They live in pretty small circles.

5. Thank you for the suggestions. Aren't wineries and nurseries shutdown right now because of the virus? Actually part of the property has grapes that are farmed by a neighbor, I can ask those folks as a start.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Depending what material they're made of you could scrap them.. or contact a scrap man/scrap yard & say you have some green houses they can have if they collect/dismantle them :confused_2:

7. gh-1.jpg gh-2.jpg gh-3.jpg Ok, here a couple of pics. I measured the green houses and they are 100' long by 25' wide and 9' tall. Only one of the green houses has started to fall apart(the plastic is torn off. It looks like there are 60 of the Schaefer fans and a few of the Bubble Magic 20 Gallon Extraction Mini Washing Machines. I don't know if any of the electrical stuff work. Once escrow closes I can turn the power back on and get an idea of what it there still works.

Thank you for the suggestions.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. If your real i can make phone call to see if a person I know wants your green houses ...
    My friend owns a 300 acer hemp farm.
    If you want PM me

9. HHP, you have a pm(conversation?)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. picture of one of three hoop houses we got going 20200330_080740.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Cool, looks like you could use 10 more :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. It would be a game changer in our operations