Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dispensary tincture w/out alcohol or glycerin

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bouldorado, Sep 15, 2011.

1. #1 Bouldorado, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    Bought some tincture today at the dispensary. Supposedly potent, 300 mg thc, but I noticed when I got home it has no alcohol or glycerin in the ingredients. So, tincture experts/Wild Will, how was this made?

EDIT: Took 4 droppers now, will see how that feels in 30 min. As for taste, it's a little bitter and slightly fruity.

Herbal Medical Institute, LLC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. its in the Medical Cannabis Extract. More than likely made with glycerin

3. Since it uses the extract instead of the buds itself, the thc is already activated

4. Seems like there's an awful lot of ingredients in there before the cannabis is mentioned. I was always under the impression that lists of ingredients were supposed to be in the order of the amount of ingredient, with the largest amount first.

How powerful is it?

5. #5 Bouldorado, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2011
    Read all the links on the website and this is all I found. Pretty vague.

Colorado’s own Herbal Medical Institute™, LLC uses no chemical solvents, artificial ingredients or sugars during the infusion of the cannabis tincture into its elixir-beverages. HMI is bringing forward the future of cannabis based medicine with its full spectrum, anti-oxidant, medical marijuana elixir-beverages. Utilizing a strategy of combining the “4 M’s”: Mangosteen (a high oxidant fruit from China), Minerals and Medical Marijuana, HMI has created a powerful anti-oxidant elixir-beverage. Anti-oxidants are known cancer-fighting agents which help the body rid itself of the free radicals which can cause cancer. As well as being a natural anti-inflammatory and pain killer, the cannabinoids in Medical Marijuana combine with mangosteen and other fruit juice extracts to offer significant healing effects to Colorado Medical Marijuana card-holders.

Definitely not glycerin. You'd be able to taste the sweetness. Also the label says it used 1.04 g of the "extract", way too low too include the weight of glycerin.

6. I'm pretty sure the ingredients are in order: ~1 g of extract in 56 ml of liquid.

Doesn't seem too strong, but 4 droppers barely lowered the level in the bottle so I probably got less than 10mg thc. And I've been smoking a lot of bho in the last week so my tolerance is up there.

7. Thats really nothing
    1.04g extract
    but of that only
    300mg or .3g is THC
    Dont know what it is but ya got about .6g of it in your tincture
    Hope you didn't pay much for that...lol

8. ive had tinctures that ive thought to be vegetable oil based. I live in colorado too and i have tried lots of different edibles with varying strengths. It seems like 100mg is needed to get a everyday stoner (i smoke bho and hash frequently) high. And almost all tinctures i have tried have sucked so i end up making my own. cheeba chews are the only edible ive really enjoyed.

9. I think those guys have some mixed up info, id also like to see the studies that prove this ( not being a dick, legit interested). As far as I know, those compounds being able to scavenger free radicals in the body is what makes them antioxidants, not anticancer agents. Compounds that can react with free radicals and remove them from the body reduce oxidative stress and are therefore antioxidants, but I could be wrong about them also being anticancer agents.

Also, your extract was in glycerol? Ive never heard of extracts being in glycerol before thats really interesting.

10. Where did you get the glycerol info from? this is a pretty old thread, but I don't recall glycerol being in the ingredients. I used to have to photo of the tinc bottle, but unfortunately it got deleted when I cleaned up picasaweb.

Also, as I'm sure you're aware, many of the supplements/antioxidants touted as being beneficial, are just plain and simple bullshit. You said you wanted to see a study, well good luck with that. Antioxidants have become so popular these days largely because of media hype, not because of scientifically proven benefit. Any antioxidant information was included as a marketing tactic, not because of its "cancer fighting" ability.

The bottle BTW, was ~30 bucks for a watery, gross tasting tincture that wasn't very effective.

11. #11 IDKidea, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    Just gonna throw this out there, but maybe the intention for the tincture is preferably medical and not psychoactive.

Heck, the cannabis could just be a selling point for an antioxidant blend. Understanding all of what is in it informs a patient of what its intended use is.

Edit: Also, they could be using a citric acid extraction with vinegar. Or something similar. Heck, OP, why don't you ask them?

12. Glycerol is the same thing as glycerin, my bad. The antioxidant claims are true about oxidative stress though I know that for a fact ( ive seen and conducted some of those studies), was just curious about the anticancer.

Cool thread though, sorry to bring it back up I know its old lol.