Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dispensary Shake Deal Questions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by euphorianx3, Sep 11, 2014.

1. #1 euphorianx3, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    I purchased an oz of medical marijuana from the dispensary in search of something that would last me a long time. The cost was $60.  Now, they say the shake is made from sugar leaves and has some smaller sized buds in with the leaves.  Potency.. is good.  I've smoked some already but i'm concerned about what am I smoking?

It is very dry. It smells and tastes kind of soapy/fragrancey but it may just be the strain's flavor. I believe this may be true because the usual taste of weed, is not there, and yes I know sugar leaves taste differently from buds.  Another thing is it seems to have small hard, crumble stem chunks in it, these things broke apart like pills, but still appeared to be stems with leave fragments on them, just in a weird texture.

I didnt have any immediate harmful effects smoking it at all, so do you think it is safe?

2. Its probably okay to smoke or else they wouldn't sell it. It isn't the best but you knew that going in. From personal experience- I've gone in with the idea of buying an oz of shake but decided against it after checking it out up close. I guess you should be selective about what you pick out to smoke from that oz. Avoid the stem bits if possible. Or turn it into butter.

3. Sounds to me like you get what you pay for lol I've seen 40 dollar oz tubs of shake and I passed em up. I had friends who'd get em and do straights blunts or js. I've also had friends make glycerin tinc but I get better effects from a 60 dollar slice than a 40 or 60 dollar oz.

4. Sometimes the shake from a dealer can be really good, in that it is just mostly really small buds.  But shake from a dispensary could just be real shake, you know the sugar leaves and maybe a little bit of bud. 

Honestly, if you think it works good enough for you, then that's all that matters.  Personally, I would use the shake to make some cannaoil and eat it.  But if you have a low tolerance, then smoking should do plenty good. 

5. Yeah one medium joint gets me pretty medicated heavy thc in effects

Right now I put like 3-4 grams of the shake with 1 oz of glycerin in a mason jar in the crock pot on high.  I can't run it for more than 4 hours but I'm going to drain the glycerine and then squeeze the remainder in a seperate jar and save the drained glycerin for a second run for 4 hours.

The glycerin squeezed out of the shake should proove potent in the mouth and in an e-cig, we'll see...

6. Well I extracted the VG seperating the drained VG from the squeezed VG.  Then I loaded a little bit into my e-cig and puffed away.  Definitely feeling effects, although they are different than from smoking.   Defintely a body-like buzz that would target pain and sleep heavilly.  I guess you can make this in 4 hours.  I am going to save the weed and do a second run on Monday..  This is a really neat way to consume cannabis.. seems highly effecient!

7. Ok well I think the high is a bit different because it wasnt decarbed first. Lol sad days. Its ok, it was only a 1/8 of trim i used, so monday I'm gonna do it again with the same glycerine weed and add new decarbed weed and fresh glycerine and have it in the crockpot 8 hours.

8. But dont get me wrong on the first run - it definitely took away the pain and helped me sleep like a baby.

9. So the heat from the vape doesn't decarb? I was going to make a stronger tincture with hash oil, maybe yours is just weak? I don't imagine a couple grams of shake would be that potent, takes a long time to vape an ounce of VG. So it's like spreading out a couple grams of shake over a couple hours of heavy vaping, doesn't seem worth it.

I have a kief box like this: http://www.wackywillysweb.com/proddetail.php?prod=BOX

Might be worth your time to sift it first, then make your tincture. I get a shitload of kief off my trim, would go a long way towards making your tincture more potent. Let us know how the decarbed recipe works.

10. I only buy the shake to make edibles. Gonna make a few batches soon actually....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum