Dispensary owner gets 22 years in federal prison

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Old School Smoker, Jul 24, 2013.

1. I agree, on the point that pot laws are not justice in any way, but this guy was just a greedy profiteering prick..he made millions for himself while portraying himself as a saint for the cameras...(just like a politician huh)...he was in it for the money and made mistakes like any greed driven business person does...he could have been selling bootleg copies of windows under the guise of being a computer shop...he got greedy, sloppy, and got caught.

...regardless of my opinion on that, his only real crime was tax related...if mmj (or as the feds call it "pot") wasn't involved, he would be free after paying a cost of biz fine...so no..fed pot laws are not serving justice. :bongin:

I do wonder if he had made some more donations to some local political election funds, if he would have evaded notice by any LEO's... :ey:

2. sounds like he abused the system and the punishment does fit the crime. Hes a good example of what being greedy gets you. Greed gets you nowhere do it for the right reasons like I do.

3. Good god if they were gonna put me in fed prison for 22 years for that then I would have killed the arresting oficer and made it worth my time.

4. well when youbmake decisionsinyour life you have to thinkabout the consequences and fully accept them. Otherwise ur steppingon ground u shouldnt.

5. Nothing is worth killing anyone unless they threaten ur life or others around you. Plain and simple.

6. #7 Old School Smoker, Jul 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2013
    Ok lets say you were a street dealer that got caught with a kilo. You have a job, family, pay taxes, vote, part of the neighborhood watch program and you served in the military and you are an upstanding member of your church. They give you 10 years in prison. Would you say that's fair? Because that is what is going on today.

7. well of course not drug lawsdo not match the crime. ButI live in astate where its not a issue if you really wantto pursue a cannabis based lifestyle move out of a shitty draconian state. Pure andsimple.

8. Dont matter about the state. The feds will get you no matter what state you live in.

9. Not my fault you took a chance knowing full well the consequences. Doesnt mean they are right but this is what we have to work with. Grew in Chicago many yeayears under secrecy before realizingmy dream out here in Nor Cal. I was done waitinghave a passion and wanted to pursue it so I moved to where mypassion could thrive. Fuck the midwest it sucks. It doesnt have the 3 Ws Weed Weather and Women.

10. #11 RichardDean, Jul 25, 2013
    yeah if your a drug cartel and growing thousands of plants sure. Feds could care less about peeps growingmedicine legally within their state for themselves andother patients.

11. Been out here 3 years almost been running gardens that are bigger then you could ever imagine. Never seen a federal agent ever. Unless yourinvolved in other things wouldnt worry too much in a med state.

12. The dude received letters from the feds, got raided and had his product confiscated, yet he still continued. He was well aware of the fed laws and the mandatory sentencing, He could have closed up the shops at that point and walked, with enough cash to last him for life. Another one lost to the greed monster I guess. 22 years is ridiculous...and we'll we paying for every minute of it.

13. Even if you're over your limit in a legal state, unless you're just grossly over it and clearly running a pure for-profit organization, you really dont get fucked with.

14. They should put everyone in prison, so that there's no one to pay for prisons, because then taxes would come out of THEIR pockets, knowimsayn?

15. Private prisons shouldnt be allowed to exist. Your dumb^^^^ You can go get caged I would die before hitting a cell but that is just me.

16. Guy definitely got greedy, maybe not 22 years worth, but guys like him taking advantage of the medical system is what is holding back other states

17. #19 corkybuchek, Jul 25, 2013
    The comments in this thread are nearing idiocy,, if you had an opportuity to open several dispensaries and make a couple millions your telling me you wouldn't? To stay within some contrived imaginary limits? Fact is the fed doesn't care if you only have one field or if you have fifteen. Better start waking up. Fed is going after big grows first but be assured those fascist pigs won't stop there. All so comfortable sitting at your computer and judging this guy. Saying greed this greed that. A couple pot shops and several million dollars is nothing compared to the real criminals who rip off the nation with white collar crime and abduction and human trafficking (the leading crime in us in terms of money)and the fact the government spends the time and money to prosecute the former over the latter is the greatest crime of this day and age.

18. In my country if go and kill someone on purpose it`s 10 years Jail, if you rape someone it`s 8 years, if you have an ounce weed it`s 12 years! Can you believe that? Stupid dumbass laws