Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dispensary Blades, How much do you pay for the Green?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hippy_man99, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Yo All,
    I'm writing to all the blades in Dispensary states and I'm curious about the usual pricing for weed, hash, edibles, etc.
    Also how much are you allowed to purchase at any given time?

I moved here to the Netherlands about a year ago and I've learned some of the best places for cheap good bud.
    We do have some restrictions which make things a bit of a pain. With a 5 gram limit per store, there's no opportunity to buy in real bulk. Lots of places have 5 gram deals, and you could theoretically walk from shop to shop...

There are of course shops which go past the limit, But I'll keep that hush hush....
    Now let me be upfront.... I'm NOT talking about the Amsterdam/ Cannabis Cup top of the line expensive weed and hash they sell up there for tourists... If' you've ever been to Amsterdam and to Barney's, you'll know what i'm talking about.... 17 Euro a gram ($25) for some Crazy sativa (Dr Grinspoon i believe)...
    If I smoke that ridiculous heavy weed I can't function in normal life... I just sit there staring into space...

What I'm curious about is the run of the mill, Relatively older strains. No crazy crosses and hybrids, but lets say the classic strains...

Here are a few strains I can get locally and the pricing:
    White widow, Orange Bud, Northern Lights, Bubblegum, afghan: 7 Euro a gram (approx $10)
    Amnesia Haze, Haze Harvest, : 10 Euro a gram ($14.75)

'Bulk' specials:
    1/8 plus a prerolled for 24 euro ($35) (Les Palais special was the weed)
    5 gram deal 24 Euro ($35) (Skunk)

So all you cali and colorado and... anyone else with the disp?

and what do the rest of you guys pay?

Peace,
    Hippy

2. Here in los angeles there's a 7 gram limit so the most you can buy is a quarter and it's about 60 an eighth for some dank buds(white widdow, og kush, and this time of year Christmas kush) and for a quad 80
    For brownies it's three brownies with about .7 in them for $10
    And the lilipops are $5, thc balm is $5

3. I've noticed here in Colorado that it is completely up to the dispensary that's running and what the intentions of moving their product are. You will know it for sure when you find a good one here because of the love and care that they put into their buds. They will usually charge a fair price based on the quality of the medicine regardless if you sign them over as your caregiver or not. These places are the ones that truely are non-profit and are trying to make an actual difference in the community. That being said, here are some of the average prices. These are for top quality.

Weed

g/20
    3.5/50-60

Hash is subjective simply because there are so many different grades of it. The dispensary I go to charges more by the size of micron bubble bags they use to make it. The more potent, the more it costs.

4. Are you a medical patient? Because that is not true.. I've been a mmj patient for almost a year and have been to many dispensaries in Los Angeles. It all depends on the dispensary, I've been to some with 1oz limits, 2oz limits, and some that do QP deals..

5. Here in San Diego what I mainly see is about 15-20$ per gram, 40-60$ for an 1/8th.

Brownies are usually 10$, or 2 for 15. and iono what else you wanna know.

6. #6 luvskush, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009

I love dank like everyone else, but I'm also looking for good deals when I go to dispensaries.. Here are two bargain eighths I got a couple days ago:

First 2 pics.. Bargain snocap for $40 1/8

Last 2 pics.. Bargain Outdoor cap for $25 1/8 (no seeds either + stony)

I also had some really dank bargain eighth of snokush for $35 but it ran out( it looked and smelled better than the snocap)

Attached Files:

7. #7 phire420, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
    I have never heard of a 7 gram limit, ever. Personally, I think that's ridiculous: some patients like me don't live right in LA county and can only commute every once in a while so buying in bulk is a necessity. Most places I go to have a 1-2 oz limit as of late: there are a lot of legal matters being discussed in LA regarding MMJ and everyone is playing it safe. However, the state outlined that patients are legally allowed to possess 8 ounces, or a half pound. Technically, they are allowed to buy this much at one time as well.

Now, as for prices, it all depends. Most reputable MMJ collectives "cap" (their highest price for an eighth) at $50. I know some places that cap at $45 with quality stuff as well. Many less than reputable places cap at $60 or even $75, however I do know how 2 places that cap at $60 with the most amazing cannabis you have ever seen: definitely worth the hefty price tag.

Edit: I forgot pics!

Some Purple Erkle I got for $45 an eighth
    [​IMG]

OG Kush for $45 an eighth
    [​IMG]

Skywalker OG for $50 an eighth
    [​IMG]

8. i came a little....

9. jesus that purple erkle looks like coral. just put that shit in a fish tank.

10. mannnnnnnn im so jealous of you guys with dispensaries !!!!!

11. No shit, the thought of being able to walk into a store and buy legit bud with no worries and no hassle makes me want to cry.

I moved AWAY from California, what the fuck was I thinking?

12. Damn there seems to be a lot of purple going around back in the States... you can't really find good quality purple buds here....

The only comparison I can find is some shops advertise "Purple haze" which it obviously isnt.... and it's quite schwaggy with VERY dark leaves that almost look purple.... but overall it looks like shit....

seems to be quite the discrepancy depending on where you go, who you are, and what medical status do you have......

interesting!
    I'll get some bud pics of examples of what we have here.... gotta finish a paper first... :D

13. Pretty much thats your answer.

I go into one co-op and I pay $20 a gram but get hooked 1.2 on average.

I go to another I get $15 grams at 1.4g+ with $10 grams of hash, usually get a free smoke out of their BOMB shit (individually harvested trichome heads organized by size)

I go to another and I pay $20 and get .9 grams

AND if I go into a spot and drop off some of my harvest with the dudes (pro bono :)) next time I walk out with some bomb or they hook it up right there

14. It's drastically different from disp to disp, and you have to factor in the benefits that some offer. For example, the dispensary I go to it's about $55.00 an 8th for the top top top shelf best quality strains (last time I was in they had Trainwreck, OG Kush, UK Cheese, G13, Green Crack and about a dozen others). The B grade is usually about $40/8th and usually it's incredibly good but maybe a seed or two, or maybe it's just not perfect in some other way. C grade is the budget grade and it can go super cheap.

But, the dispensary I go to has some cool benefits like - every 2+ gram purchase and you get a free gram. They do a 'harvest' every 4 months and during this time you get any ounce of any A grade for $275.00, plus you get 5 grams free. This brings the price to around $8.00 a gram during this time. Then there are other benefits not directly related to marijuana, like the dispensary I go to offers a free meal every day, the reiumburse you if you take a bus down there, they are now trying to start offering free house cleaning services through a company called Merry Maids, free chiropractic care and a bunch of other services. But the dispesnary I went to before had the same prices ($55 / 8th top shelf) but all they offered for you signing them as your caregiver is the chance to join a weekly raffle for an 8th.

15. what medical state are you located in?

16. Colorado

17. $20-25 dollars 8th $40-50 and qaurter

18. In the Bay Area the dispensaries range from $35 on the low end to $60 on the high end for an eighth. This is including tax. I generally stay in the $55 range.

Grams are a total rip off to buy individually, but they run $16 to $21. The club I go to has a 5% off on 1/2oz and 10% on ounces. You can purchase up to 3 ounces at a time.

Hash, keif, and concentrates go for about $11 a gram for some humboldt brown up to $55 for the Oil/Keif mixture (Honey Bud). On average they are about $27. Brownies go for $6 or $8 depending, and there is generally deals. Pre-rolls are $11 to $15 and are made with about 1 gram of shake.

19. yeah man I believe that. :)

They just opened up a full on restaurant, that serves full course THC-packed dank food. They also have some other cool incentives but i failed to read the majority of it online.

Breckenridge is now decriminalized up to an OZ right? good for them. hopefully this will spark around the nation

20. Im in CO as well, 55$ an eigth for top shelf.
    I copped some grape ape last night for 50 an eigth.