Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dispensaries getting shut down in cali?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by skiandblaze, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Well from what i can gather a pharmaceutical company is in the later stages of getting "Sativax" approved (maryjane concentrate in a pill) and they are most likely lobbying to get the feds to crack down on their competition ie the largest collective in California before they release their stuff to the market (most likely a couple years away). They probably want it to be illegal (or tougher to get) to produce herb mostly cuz its cheaper to buy herb or hash or w/e than it will be to buy the drug they can make millions on. Money gets shit done.

2. My whole area code and surrounding cities have been wiped clean of the good clinics. However the wave of shutdowns in my region have seemed to slow down, and I still got a good spot.

The government cant shut us down, you feel me doe?

3. 1 word = OVERGROW

4. They are not stopping shit as far as I'm concerned. As long as the sun shines, the green grows.

5. seriously this is getting depressing. This club that I've been going to for over a year apparently just got shut down (Topanga Caregivers on Topanga and Vanowen if anyone has anymore info) I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to renew my med card and now it's starting to look like I'm going to have to grow my own stuff rather than have the convenience of going to a shop.

6. Everyone needs to grow their own, seriously, save your money and learn the art of cultivation. Then you can really know your medicating with. But still dispensaries are nice if willing to spend $, but cant believe Obama's pulling this bs.

7. isn't that right next to a high school? i take it that is why it was shut down

8. Shit man, I still have to buy weed for the 3 months Im growing.... It seems like a waste of money when I open my tent and see all the nug in there. Then I still have to dry and cure it ....
    I cant wait till these are done so I can do my perpetual grow.

9. any updates?:smoke:

10. Honestly, I would say that 75% of the dispensaries in the Sacramento area have simply VANISHED over the last two weeks. It's creepy that all trace of them is gone. I drove past El Camino Wellness this afternoon (one of the few left standing) and there was nowhere to park in their large parking lot or anywhere on the street. There was a gentleman with gnarly braces on his legs walking into the parking lot, obviously struggling from a long walk to get his medicine.

This isn't about addiction, it's all about big donors from the pharmaceutical companies not wanting people to grow their own. I'm not sure if you all are aware, but they are also trying to make illegal vitamins and things such as aloe vera gel for the same reason. It just gives the DEA a chance to wave their sizable dicks around and feel important.

11. I think if the feds just visited this site (Mainly the grow section) they would realize that their never going to get it all, ever. And thats just the people who sign up and posts pics! Imagine the trillions of other grows. Yum. This is upsetting btw.

12. Complete agreement 'cept for one thing , those apparati the Feds are waving aren't really
    'sizable' , they just think they are. Nothing like looking' at a soda straw with a magnifying
    glass 'eh......

The will of the people has already been stated , the Feds drew the line in the sand and
    now they'll have to deal with M I L L I O N S of people that they are attempting to make
    into instant criminals.

Make no mistake that they're quite willing to work their way down the line to the individual
    folks that only take a toke once in a great while.

They smell MONEY and a burgeoning new industry and they're damned well set on
    co-opting the whole thing and putting all the control in the hands of their greedy
    corporate buddies.

For some parallels take a look at the tobacco , liquor and BigPharma industries. AND
    as you cited the day is quickly looming where one may be in hot water for growing
    Valerian , St Johns Wort , Black Cohosh , Echinacea and the like.

How many folks her remember the Paraquat days? Do you think that if they could
    get away with it they wouldn't be doing quite similar HERE........

This is just their first salvo , and they haven't even turned the battleship
    broadside to us yet.

13. So are they doing this because they are not catching enough criminals and they have a budget they need to keep up with? (Y (Budget) = X amount of criminals they catch?)

14. You *really* think they don't "visit" this site? If so then you're much ,much too
    trusting.

Look for sites such as this that are based in the 'States to start disappearing.

15. You are obviously operating under a misconception or two there. And we're going to
    get into sticky territory.

I'll use an anecdote to illustrate what I mean , some folks here who know the Triangle
    will know where Hayfork is , and they'll know Irene's.

Now there are times when I'm not real well known for keeping my mouth shut , so one
    sunny day , an otherwise nice morning at Irene's , the locals shooting the shit etc and
    THEN we all gotta get subjected to the JBT F***wads with their black Suburbans and
    all their TaCTiCoOl gear , I mean frigging REALLY , ya gotta carry that goddamn A4 in
    the cafe with ya and lean it on the wall while ya eat?

And then you just have to have that rxtra LOUD conversation so as to let everyone
    know what big badasses doing the Govt Gods work you are , as if everyone couldn't
    tell it what with all the Glock and Colt penises and all,

And then maybe they get the shit shocked out of them when a gimpy old greyhair
    with an " I don't give a shit" attitude walks up and loudly interrupts their chest
    pounding and ego stroking and tells 'em " You're all TOTALLY full of shit , you don't
    want to eliminate this stuff , 'cause if you did you wouldn't get to run around these
    mountains on the public dime , jumping out of choppers , getting to play Johnny
    f***ing commando , frightening the populace and waving your weapons around
    in place of the collective dicks that you lack possession of."

Complete and total stunned freaking silence , followed very shortly by literally
    standing applause from the locals.

They *don't want it eliminated* , it's job security for these assholes , it's
    their chance to feel " elite".

Inflated figures , well they're inevitably tied to the appropriations budgets , in
    other words the more that's seized as regards monetary value the bigger the
    appropriations will be for the next budget cycle.

16. yeah really. they gonna ban lightbulbs, and the sun, and soil, and water. didnt fucking think so obama.

17. Just when the whole community thought the world was movng forward. Alright everyone, back to growing ten times as much as you planned.. chop chop now