Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

dispensaries getting shut down in cali?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by skiandblaze, Oct 6, 2011.

1. squibb and lilly used to have patents for weed back in the hey day!

2. but thats like one of the biggest selling points there is IMO

3. Guns, dope and hundreds of thousands in cash - yep, he might be a criminal.

4. Or a "successful businessman", if not for prohibition:)

5. I agree, the fact that you cannot overdose on it means there have been zero deaths from it.

But what are some other arguments I can make that everybody doesnt already know.

Btw--I think the "zero deaths from marijuana" argument is flawed....Im sure there have been fatal car accidents involving people who were high, or people accidentally dying doing something stupid while they were high because they werent thinking clearly or didnt have total control of their motor skills,etc....the problem is you cant test to see if it was active in their system(actually high at the time of death) while they were doing what they were doing, aka proving they died doing something high....tests would just show that weed was in their system, however weed can be found in your system for as short as 5 days and as long as 6 weeks.

6. No deaths as a direct result of ingestion's effects on the human body (from toxicity), not ingestion plus motor vehicle, or ingestion plus tap dancing on a highrope....:) By that criteria, people die from Claritin and Benedryl constantly
    Journal of medicine and life | H1 antihistamines and driving

7. i think that every state will need medical marijuana before they fully legalize it

8. #88 greenterror, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    Heads in an ice chest?

Rest of quote from sig: "Whoever came up with this whole War on Drugs, I would like to kiss him on the lips and shake his hand and buy him dinner with caviar and champagne. The War on Drugs is the greatest thing that ever happened to me, and the day they decide to end that war, will be a sad one for me and all of my closest friends. And if you don't believe me, ask those guys whose heads showed up in the ice chests."

9. #89 greenterror, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2011
    Exactly, they don't want legalization and regulation, they want to have exclusive control over the industry. If something is legal, you can posses, manufacture and transport it without a license.

Big Pharma attempting to corner the market on medical marijuana
    DEA to legalize marijuana chemical for Big Pharma but keep it a crime for everyone else

10. Obama should be worrying about other things such a fucking idiot

11. Does anyone know if this is a bluff? Or are they shutting down ALL of the dispensaries?

12. Obama (his team) sent out 16 letters to 16 dispensaries in Cali saying they have 45 days to shut down or they will face penalty. wtf obama, get our mutha fuckin troops back and leave the mj alone. Hmm curing people of diseases and stimulating an economy from a clean sufficient dispensary. He knows that it will send people into the streets where they face crime and higher prices. for the first time in my life im thinking republican, only Ron Paul that is - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHBCsPYuKIs]Ron Paul: End Marijuana Prohibition Now! - YouTube[/ame]

13. HA yes you can, medical marijuana is marijuana used medically, and that's EXACTLY what's going to happen when it's legalized and i fail to see how dispensaries getting shut down is going to help legalization, it's only going to set us back another few years...

14. Lol just gonna make a higher demand for marijuana in illegal drug based operations...

so in police eyes will "lead 2 more crime" so they are basically fucking themselves for no reason.

But it's good for the dealers cause now it's probably gonna be more money for less dank lmao.

15. [quote name='"Smoked All Dat"']Lol just gonna make a higher demand for marijuana in illegal drug based operations...

so in police eyes will "lead 2 more crime" so they are basically fucking themselves for no reason.

But it's good for the dealers cause now it's probably gonna be more money for less dank lmao.[/quote]

Exactly, police realize this is just going to increase crime right? Demand is gunna skyrocket and prices for dank will with it. Illegal activity will increase.

16. They made the Rand Institute take that study off their website. Reality is not being allowed to intrude on their funny games....:)

Rand removes report on crime and pot dispensaries - Los Angeles Times

17. I went and talked to the owner of my local club today and he was not worried. He said if they did end up raiding, they would raid the ones in obvious violation in state law and ordinances. 600 feet between church, schools, parks etc. He said the DEA is gonna be coming after the ones that are ran using a "for profit" business model. So yeah I'm not worried.

18. #99 calicheese23, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2011
    Sativex (by GW Pharmaceuticals) is about to be approved by the FDA. It has gone through almost all the hoops and is in the last stage of clinical trials.

Obama is closing down medical marijuana dispensaries to get ready to push the FDA approved Sativex.

The Young Turks Network explains:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GGQISORVqU&list=FLUozzdazZwm-eviV90fnEWA&index=1[/ame]

More info:
    GWPharma - Sativex
    GWPharma - FAQs

This new crackdown is really disappointing. My favorite dispensary is 900 feet away from a school. I haven't had to go to a street dealer in ages. I'm not excited to get back into calling up shifty people, setting up times, meeting in strange places, waiting around, and getting questionable product.

19. im started to get nervous. at first, i thought it was just a bluff like homie above said. they raided some top quality dispensaries in Sacramento yesterday...like for real. No where near a school zone or ANYTHING.