Dispelling the "Dumb Stoner" Myth, or, How educated is GC?

Discussion in 'General' started by passage2bangkok, Dec 15, 2010.

1. #1 passage2bangkok, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
    OK, blades...how far did you get in school? Are you still studying? If you're working on an undergraduate degree now, do you plan on attending grad school?

My prediction is that the vast majority of blades will have at least a diploma/GED, and that a majority of them are either currently pursuing or have obtained an associate's or bachelor's degree. So come on, guys...disprove the stereotype that all stoners are lazy and stupid! :smoke:

2. Doesn't necessarily have to be because of education. There are a lot of well educated idiots out there. Perhaps IQ would be a better measure or some sort of common sense test. LOL

One of the smartest people I know gets high probably everyday. He got straight A's through all of college and medical school.

3. BA in Psychology - SUNY Albany

4. Second year in Media, Information and Technoculture.

I'm no dumb stoner.

5. I'm a junior in college with a major in European history and a minor in economics. I don't consider myself a dumb stoner at all :smoke:

But I would say having common sense is what counts the most. Having the ability to think AND act.

6. senior computer science student, graduating a semester early

going to gradschool

7. well the first most makes me wonder already.. i know for a fact im more intelligent than half the kids i went to school with. while they are pulling all nighters learning meanginless shit im using my time wisely. studying things like survival, basic things.

im no dumb stoner, but not a genius either.

8. You have a point in that education can't necessarily be used as a benchmark for intelligence. But anyone who believes all the bullshit propagated by our government and organizations like D.A.R.E. thinks that everyone who smokes weed is a stupid dropout who will never make anything of himself...and it is that belief that I wish to disprove.

Besides, most people wouldn't take the time to go through an entire IQ test, whereas it's pretty simple to select a radio button. :D

Hey, I'm a CS major too! :metal: :wave:

9. It took me 18 years (I graduated HS in 1988, college in 2006) but I have my BA from UCLA in English, just like my father. He got his in 1974 with a sub 3.0 GPA. My GPA was 3.24. I'm also second generation stoner. VERY proud of this.

10. That is definately something to be proud of.

11. bachelors of science and design - will have my masters in architecture in may. :cool:

second generation stoner, also.

12. Currently a college student, trying to get my bachelors in business.

13. Meh the education system isnt the same over here as it is in the states but i would say i was well educated, im 19 and i work as an IT Technician, the youngest my company has ever employed.

Im proud of that :)

Anyone can be a dumb stoner, they dont have to smoke weed. The majority of the UK is dumb but they haven't touched weed.

14. In college. 4.0 GPA.

I'm a smart as hell stoner so kiss my ass steriotype!

15. I'm a College dropout. 1 year of electrical engineering technologies.

16. Thanks. I probably would have never done it had my wife not pushed me so hard. She has her degree too and she wasn't a great student (dyslexia). In fact most of the time when I was in school she kept bugging me because I would almost never study and would always do my papers at the last minute, and I STILL got great grades. She kept complaining that I wasn't around when she was in school.

Frackking cool man. I've got this Rem Koolhaus book/magazine called "Content' that I've been trying to sell on eBay lately...no takers. I love architecture, but I don't study it much, I'm more of a visually aesthete aficinado(sp) of art.

17. Just finished my last semester of college! And by last I mean like my fourth. I'm getting a job ASAP now that I can work full time and just save my money like a Jew till May.

So yeah, I put some college.

18. Dropped out of HS around 1993 in 10th b/c I was at college level classes and bored to death. Got my GED in 2000 and missed a college scholorship by like 35 points when I took it. I needed a score of 900 out of 1000, I got around a 865. Also graduated from 2 tech schools, one for automotive, and one for broadcasting. Top 5% in both schools:hello:

Take that stereotype:devious:

19. Currently attending a university to get my BA in Accounting, hopefully to eventually become a CPA.

20. good old rem! pretty sure a lot of his essays and manifestos were written when he was under the influence of lsd.... guy is crazy! :eek: