Dislocated my shoulder snowboarding

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PeacefulStoner, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Yesterday i was snowboarding with a couple buddies and i landed hard as fuck on a cement step. Cut up the left side of my body and dislocated my left shoulder.

My buddies stayed with me for awhile but then i got up and limped to my car because it was freezing out and they left me. Then i texted them today and said that was kinda messed up how you guys left me, and they got all offended and mad at me.

Anyway i called my mom lol, she came right away and took me to the hospital. They gave me a shit load of dilaudid and man i felt amazing. That was my first time hooked up to an i.v., except for when i was really little maybe. I was feeling real good. Now its the day after and im not feeling as good lol.

Got my arm in a sling and didnt get much sleep last night. Now i have paperwork to do, and took some tylenol. Plus i cant smoke because i cant hold and light my bowl with one hand, plus i cant roll one handed. Gonna have to eat edibles for the next couple months probably.

Thanks if you read the whole story :smoke:, you guys ever break or dislocate anything?

This was my first dislocation and i never broke a bone. I did crack my head open like 5 times though.

2. Both of my shoulders have dislocated 500+ times. I have had 4 failed shoulder surgeries & now live pretty much paralyzed with them. It's such a fucked up way to live, I have to sleep in a STRAIGHT JACKET type thing so they don't dislocate. I know the pain man, you will feel better in 2-3 days depending if you hit nerves or not (My mom always hits the nerves when she's trying to get a dislocation back in). Im just praying for you that it doesn't continue happening because I don't wish this on my worst enemy.

3. ow. wow your "friends" are assholes for leaving you in the cold. thats the most fucked up part of this fuked up story. you can use a bong with only one hand.:bongin: :)

4. Get yourself a bong for the time being and better friends. Both are worth it.

Sorry to hear about this, OP. Hope you'll be okay.

5. Yea dude just have other friends of yours roll for you. You can puff with one hand, or hit a bong one handed you dont have to resort to edibles if you dont wanna.

Btw when your friends left where you in your car or just sitting in pain? Cause if you were in your car i can understand leaving after making sure you were ok to drive home or had someone coming to grab you and you were warm. if you were in the cold in pain and they left thats fucked up big time.

6. NorCalPiff, that sounds really horrible! :( No one should have to live like that.

I broke my ankle/leg in 05' in three places. I had a surgery where they put 2 screws, a rod, some pins, and who knows what else in there just to make it function. I was in a cast for about 5 months and had all the morphine, vicodin, and percocet you can imagine, but it was still the worst pain I've felt in my life. They say going into labor is the worst pain but I've done that and it still wasn't worse than this. After I got the cast off I had one more surgery to take the temporary pins out. The rest stayed. I had to do therapy and also a "whirlpool" for an infection that grew while I had the cast on. After you soak the infection they have to scrape at your wound to get the excess infected skin off. That was the worst. My heart's racing thinking about it. To this day I get spasms for no reason and have messed up nerves. It's not fun.

Good luck to you, PeacefulStoner! In time things will get better and soon get back to normal or nearly there.

7. Smoke a bong dude

8. More times than i can count, take it easy or you'll pay for it later lol

9. No, you did not have that much.

10. man thats brutal ive only slightly separated it, but i have broken my left collar bone twice and that was some pain i never want to experience again.

Maybe your friends left cuz they knew you were fine, you cant expect them to end their day on the mountain just cuz yours ended.

Anyways hope you have a speedy recovery and get back out there when you can.

11. Yup i feel your pain man. Back in 2010 i was freerunning on the beach with a few friends. We had gone across the street to practice our rolls on the grass when my buddy spotted a tree that was perfect to use as monkey bars.

My buddy swung from one branch with one arm, let go and grabbed the next then swung over to the ground, 3 other people before me did it perfectly but when it was my turn i swung too hard with my left arm and went a little too fast, When i tried to grab the branch with my right arm i guess my hand slipped and basically the branch pushed my arm out of the socket and i fell to the ground.

First time i had ever dislocated my shoulder, i was in soooo much pain... BUT. I had my bong in my bookbag so after spinning around like a dumbass trying to get help from my friends my shoulder finally slid back into place, I kneeled down and took a few hits out of my bong and felt a little better. But ever since then my shoulder would just slip out of place, It really fucked me over cause i couldn't lift weights for months.

I finally went to the doctor like 3 months ago and he told me that my a part of my back was actually pushed down causing my shoulder to just slip out. He gave me a few shock therapy treatments and did some massages on me and today my shoulder is doing a LOT better, It has dislocated 2 times since i got done with the doctor visits but its still a HUGE improvment, I can work out again!! Still cant sleep the way i used to though.

Hope your shoulder gets better man, dislocation hurts like fuck

12. +rep to you legend.

13. use a candle to light things

14. Umm okay? Lol not more than you can imagine but more than I could handle. Those kind of drugs aren't very fun to me.

15. Respect yo.

16. well...... do you have any left over?:D

17. I don't mess with pills either but that dilaudid in the IV was the bomb lol

18. For smoking one handed you should pick up some beeline or something alike and fashion it on your pipe so you can light it then use a finger or something to move it into the bowl.