Dislike drinking now?

Discussion in 'General' started by DontPassOnGrass, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Drinking used to be fun for everyone, but as they got older (or tried weed later on) they all noticed that weed doesn't fuck you up as much and doesn't cause any deaths while alcohol does. I never did like the taste of alcohol when I first started to drink back in the day, now since I'm accustomed to the taste it's like whatever haha. But I would personally rather have the government ban alcohol and legalize the herb. I see this as a fair and safe trade in my opinion. :D

2. Yeah i used to drink pretty heavily when i was like 14-16 too until i started smoking weed. I tried bud for the first time like a week before my 16th birthday, didn't drink for like 2 years after that. Now everytime I drink I don't get drunk. After getting high for 5 years I don't really like drinking anymore heh.

3. I actually smoked weed long before I ever took my first sip of alcohol. This was because I made a judgement call on the harm of alcohol and I never wanted to act a fool or throw up or wake up with a huge headache. After eventually trying alcohol I realized what a mistake it was to do so and have been exclusively smoking weed ever since. :smoke: (with the occasional shroom trip : P)

4. Same thing happened to me. I still drink, and when I drink it is very heavily. But, nowadays I'd much rather just smoke. I'm ok with this though, because I feel like I'm more in control high instead of drunk. :hello:

5. I'm not a heavy drinker myself either. I'll take a mixed drink or two to increase my weed buzz, that's about it. Watermelon Smirnoff(vodka) + Sierra Mist makes for a good drink. I got friends that go out to bars and get trashed, but I've been over and done with that long before I was 21 lol.

6. I used to drink on the weekends pretty heavily and party it up, but as I got more into smoking I got less and less interested in drinking. It is so bad for you and tastes so bad. I drink sometimes in a party situation but don't really like it anymore, its more of a social thing. People say weed makes you forgetful but blacking out for a whole night and not knowing what you did is the worst.

7. yes i never drink now

8. I would have to totally agree. I'm a sophomore now, and I barely drink at all anymore. But, I get high probably like 3or4-6 times a week. If I'm dry, at least one of friends isn't.

Freshman year I got SSSOOOOO wasted every weekend, and I loved it too. We'd always get some cheap vodka and make Screwdrivers (40% vodka/60%juice, maybe more vodka some nights. But we'd each have like 3 or 4 HUGE cups of it and get totally plastered. Then, spring of frosh year, I joined a fraternity, which was also endless drinking. Throughout frosh year, I had tried weed for the first time (and loved it), got WAY too drunk WAY too often, smoked an assload of purple haze with my room mate, which he got from a rich-ass friend of his, lol, and I ate weed brownies.

This year, I've gotten DRUNK, ummm...once. Yeah, once. It was a lot of fun, some gay kid bought all my friends and I rounds and rounds of tasty shots. But, smoking? I do that almost everyday.

Marijuana is infinitely better than alcohol. NO hangovers, NO blacking out, NO passing out(drunkenly anyway), NO liver cancer, NO alcohol poisoning, NO stomach pumps, you CAN remember what you did last night, you CAN come out of the high in certain situations, you WON'T do stupid shit (uncontrollably that is), MJ is BENEFICIAL to your brain cell growth and appetite, and while MJ may not CURE anything, it certainly does help people cope with some INTENSE diseases.

Besides, as a college student with an allowance of $135 twice a month, I would MUCH rather spend my money on lots of bud, especially since I know where to get super dank for 60/65 an 8th AND he's totally reliable. Plus I have other friends who can get an Ounce of mids for 160, which I consider to be a pretty good price. I got a quarter of mids for 40 on Thursday, and I smoked every last bit of it by 3pm yesterday.

So yes, Weed is way better than alcohol, and yes, I do kind of dislike drinking, especially when compared to Mary Jane.

9. I hate drinking.

Smoking is soooo ucb better.

10. Agreed. Fuck drinking now. I'd rather be high than drunk anyways. Can't get a high in public charge.. As far as they're concerned my eyes are red because i have allergies :smoking:

11. Damn I have to agree with you here I used to get plastered every weekend but now I just smoke some bud and chill it saves me doing stupid shit and getting fights etc.

12. Oh and one more thing:

Alcohol will kill you mother fucker!!

Deaths due to smoking marijuana- 0

13. I hear you guys.
    The only times I drink these days are with my good friends that don't smoke pot.
    I won't go drinking unless I have joint or a bowl to puff on.

I find I can't find a good level of drunkeness, I'm either sober or puking my guts up haha, with weed, it's just a great perspective every time.
    :smoke:

14. i actually drink so much less now, im only 18 now but in the last year i have been drinking a lot less. I started regularly for about 3 months now i guess and have been drinking a lot less in that period especially.

15. agree 100%. used to love getting drunk but now i will always get blazed instead given the choice. never got into a fight i cant possible win because i have had a joint too many.

16. I have to agree partially. Since I've started smoking, alchool seems like it lost a lot to me. I mean, in the begining, it was fun, I used to drink and all of a sudden I was feeling happy, but once I discoverd I could smoke up, get happy, and not have any hangover, I seem to like pot wayyyy more than alchool. But every once in a while, it is fun to drink and experience another kind of state of consciousness.

Drinking isn't that lame, but smoking really is less of a pain when it comes to the next day. How many times have I woke up with that hangover nausea and headache ?

Mary Jane is the top!

17. how about drinking after you've smoked? anybody ever tried that :smoke:

18. They're very different feelings, I find. Sometimes I want to go out to a bar, get plastered, do crazy shit, and have fun. I pay for it in the morning (but weed's probably the best and quickest hangover cure), but it's still a fun time. Other times I like to get blazed and chill or go out on a walk. But I still enjoy both drinking and smoking and both at the same time. Totally different experiences, based on their effects and the culture surrounding them.