Disjointed

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by kidugly, Aug 29, 2017.

1. For those that have seen it what are your thoughts on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Shit totally posted this in the wrong spot. How do I delete this?

3. Just started it. Midway through, looks bad. Another show about stoners made by not-stoners making everyone look like cheeky blazed out idiots. The community doesn't need something like it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That show is stupid as hell. A walking BAD stereotype

• Like Like x 2
  5. 5 minutes into the first episode "here is my doctors recommondation, but he wasn't a real doctor" like what the fuck? How is the cause going to be taken seriously by people outside or against the community when they only see bad stereotypes

• Like Like x 2
  6. I kinda like it, I know it's not made by stoners but it has some funny moments

7. #7 Praetorian, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Random that I just saw this thread. We just saw the 1st episode earlier today. Both were disappointed.

The jokes are mostly cheesy. Cheesier than Big Bang Theory.
    There are several political undertones going on, and they're not all just about pot. I couldn't care less about a good interracial couple story (Bodyguard <3) , but when you start to blatantly push it, and then immediately introduce another couple pushing the same, it starts to seem super politically forced and cringy.

I'd have expected more of Kathy Bates. She is usually good in the serious movies she's in. Maybe the show gets better with time, but after the 1st episode, it's mostly PG meh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This is a horrible show. They make it look like the Medical program is complete sham. The acting is horrible and the jokes are so forced and cliche. Made it to episode 2 where they introduced "dank" and "dabby" 2 worthless burn-outs and just shut it off. Now Ozarks even tho it is a blatant rip off of breaking bad is actually pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kathy Bates just set NORML back 10 yrs
    She should be ashamed of herself.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lmao..Doctors Reccomendations=Medical Marijuana Card, which you show to either receptionist or security before you can enter the premises. It's a recommendation for marijuana you recived from your doctor. Not a paper that needs to be presented to one. Why would a doctor be in a marijuana dispensary. (Although a few have adjacent building where you can sign up and get medicine right away).

Sad to see stoners hating on a show MADE for stoners. People don't seem to know the difference between Satire and stereotype. The jokes are not for everyone, but I also think Big Bang theory is terrible.

I guess this is one for the Cannabis Enthusiast, not the Occasional smoker. Not sure how showing a successfully ran dispensary, is a bad stereotype? Or how they clearly did an episode on the benefits of Cannabis and PTSD? The weed commercials? Of course there are those Dabby and DAbs of the Cannabis world, you can't avoid it. Everyone reacts different while consuming Cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I thought it was funny as fuck, stupid stereotypes but I still found it amusing? Dank and Dabby cracked me up... and the commercials... if that doesn't make you laugh, you need to smoke another one cause that shit is funny af..

• Like Like x 2
  12. Satire is funny. Dank and Dabby are stupid as fuck but funny as shit too. Writers on the show should all be required to be stoners with a finger on the pulse of the community they are representing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I watched the entire thing, the only thing that really kept me attached to the show was carter. Every other character and storyline is pretty meh. Reminded me of a weird two and a half men/that 70s show/ Hannah Montana crossbreed.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. I don't really think this is the right subforum to ask this, but it looks pretty fucking awful. I watched a whole scene of it and didn't laugh once. ONCE. and all the stuff I'm hearing about it turns me off to it.

15. I watched the whole series in 1 afternoon. Felt pretty forced. Carter was a pretty interesting character. Everyone else was pretty meh. I hated the canned laughter. Overall, it was passable. Commercials were pretty funny. Probably the best part...Lays, lol.
    I am pretty sure being stoned is required, because I probably wouldn't have laughed if I was sober. Agree it is like a mash up of 2 & 1/2 men, Big Bang & That 70's Show. Except all those shows were actually funny. Supposedly there is gonna be a part 2?

• Like Like x 1
  16. The show seems entirely written by (if the writers smoke at all) and for occasional smokers as far as I can tell. I grow my own pot and smoke everyday for medical reasons and recreation as well. To me this show is nothing but a bad joke. It's as simple as that. It seems like it's marketed towards soccer moms who feel edgy for watching anything involving marijuana. Example, when the soccer mom comes in and acts obviously crazy towards the idea of smoking, to me, when I was watching that, I saw the show trying to make soccer moms laugh and relate who have been through a simular ordeal but in a less exaggerated manner. And to just insinuate that you, yourself are just more educated on the subject of cannabis which allows you to see something others do not, is repugnant. I dont know how much you know or smoke but I do know that you have pretty big head and a bad sense of humor.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Now you can go ahead and make the argument that that scene was just satire and trying to get stoners who aren't like that to laugh, and to that I say, if that's what they were going for, they failed. I felt frustrated watching it and it seems many others felt the same way. With a lot of satire, especially when it's for the group its making fun of, there should usually be a give and take. In other words, there should be things that are very questionable but other things that make you think. Something that gives you an oppurtunity to poke fun at a subject, but given the context of the show and your intelligence, as soon as you do, you're confronted with a new, conflicting question defending the very subject you've found yourself making fun of. I dont find this in here. These people are jokes thorugh and though. The only thing that actually makes them relatable is situations that have nothing to do with marijuana.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Your argument makes no sense. You’re just stereotyping a group of people and throwing insults. It’s obviously not made for soccer moms, seems you have some type of fetish...They took the time to educate themselves on the operations of a dispensary since it’s pretty spot on. Just because you “grow” and “smoke” doesn’t mean you know the day to day operations of every collective/dispensary. It seems you haven’t been to one at all.

What exactly didn’t you like. Seems you’re just rambling about a show you didn’t like. You give no valid arguments. They showed how Cannabis is affective with PTSD. Pretty big character build up you obviously failed to notice. Not sure what your other gripes are with the show other than “it makes you frustrated”. Your last statement is laughable. “Situations that have nothing to do with marijuana” ? You don’t smoke marijuana? The entire show is based out of a dispensary while everyone smokes well...marijuana.. dealing with common problems you’d deal with at a dispensary, (with a little comedy in the mix). The complaining karate teacher is a classic example. Sorry you don’t have a sense of humor and find a show about Cannabis so frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I enjoyed watching it. Some parts and characters were pretty funny. However, it’s a Chuck Lorre show so how good can you really expect it to be?

• Funny Funny x 1