Dish Soap to Clean Paraphernalia

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Sidbenmore, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Why do people bother using alcohol when they can use dish soap and it works way better.

2. im gunna go ahead and assume this is a troll? list (IMO) goes 90%iso, 70%, acetone, superHD simple green. always wondered about amonia/windex, but i remember hearing something once upon a time and havent tried it

3. Alcohol absorbs THC or resin. Dish soap washes it. Use what you want but I'm pretty sure I don't want my bong smelling like dish soap. Even if you wash it all out the soap smell lingers while iso is orderless.

4. Because I don't want my bong to taste like dish soap?

Also, alcohol + salt works better.

5. Dish soap does not break down resin nearly as easy as an ISO solution. It will work in a pinch, but it doesn't have the bite that ISO does. I do like to make my second to last rinse though to have dish soap in it, why? Well I like my glass looking like glass, not streaky glass. Just personal preference though.

6. Dude, dont use anything but alcohol. The reason why people use it is because everything else can leave unnoticeable residue on the inside of your bong. And you dont want dish soap heating up and mixing chemical vapors with your delicious ganja smoke.

It is possible to use dish soap and not have any residue but youve gotta make sure you clean the hell out of it, so to make sure there is no buildup. and if youer using an acrylic bong - forget it.

In THAT sense, its MUCH easier to just go out and buy some alcohol fush it thru your piece with some salt and rinse it out. SAFE and easy.

7. Jeez man, make sure you actually rinse your pieces out. Dish soap is safe, it is made to be put on your silverware and dishes.

But the only reason I would see anyone using it is out of necessity or they want their bong to get that sort of dazzle that glass can have. As long as you rinse responsibly there will be no residue, no matter what substance you use to clean.

8. Dish soap will not break down any medium or heavy deposits of resin , it only smears it around... DOES NOT WORK

Dish soap works well after your done cleaning your piece (with ISO or Grunge off , ETC) to get any funny tastes out and disinfect.

but dish soap as a pipe cleaner simply does not work... if you smoke more than a bowl a month anyways... :wave:

9. #9 Sidbenmore, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011
    First of all I'm not a troll and I clean my pieces out all the time and all I use is water. Secondly THC is made of oil and dish soap is used to break apart oils and fats so you guys are incorrect in your assumption that dish soap doesn't work. Thirdly, dish soap is safe to use on food, why would it be unsafe to use on pipes. You simply need to rinse the piece out thoroughly with water.

I smoke anywhere from a gram to an 1/8th a day and I've been washing my pieces with iso and salt and it doesn't work as well as water and soap. It also works best to get resin off your fingers.

Also alcohol doesn't create the same amount of surface area as liquid dish soap and you're also overestimating how fast THC dissolves into alcohol which isn't even the main byproduct of resin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

10. do you use iso with salt?

11. lmao he actually wiki'd soap

simple green owns your dishsoap pal

edit;please post a video of you cleaning one of your nasty resin soaked pieces with just soap and water, i need a good laugh.

12. Cuz alcohol takes literally a minute to do... and with bongs just swish it a round and its pretty much brand spankin new. Ive put dish soap in my bong and swished it a round and it didn't really do shit.

13. i actually use both. works quite well. leaves no streaks

14. nothing beats rubbing alochol and salt