disguising exhaust vent

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by beachbum616, Jun 29, 2010.

1. i am planning to grow in a small apartment. i only have a couple small windows and they are facing a pedestrian walkway, i am on the 2nd floor so there really arent people close to my window, but if someone looks up, i obviously cant have a dryer vent hose sticking out my window. what can i do to make it a little more discreet?

2. #2 Snow Crash, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
    I went down to a hardware store and got those kind of Styrofoam insulating boards. They come in a variety of thicknesses, I chose the 1/2 board as it was sturdy enough while still being economical. I cut the boards to size, and created a kind of "box" with them. The window side of the box has speaker fabric spread over it to prevent anyone from seeing in. The sides of the box were made to be about 10". I cut a 6" hole in one of the sides and slid in a ducting connector.

I put the box into the widow frame, duct taped the shit out of it to the wall for air and light tightness, and it works like a charm. Here's a picture to give you an idea.

Attached Files:

3. sounds like a pretty bad place to grow:(

4. #4 Wasabe, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
    Dig this video. A possible solution to your window problem at 1min 56sec

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc8HCAadOfc"]YouTube- How to Build a Marijuana Grow Room - Weed Growing Guide Part 1 - Indoor Weed Growing Tips[/ame]

5. I don't understand? What makes it a bad place to grow? I'm in a med state, and I'm all legit. Just not trying to bring attention to myself, I mean, there are kids who live here and I don't want to go pissing off Mrs. Christian B. Nosey, if you get my drift.

6. i think he was referring to the location i described.. i know the environment isnt ideal, but i only need it to work our for 1 harvest. i'll be moving to a "better" location after i push out a elbow or two ;)

7. i am in an apartment and drilled a hole through the floor to the crawl space to vent.

any idea how to disguise the end of my vent hose in the crawl space in case anybody goes down there?