Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. gac=get available compilation:Theres a great list at the top of this thread.My thinking says stick to the haze varities thers a few

2. Remember people this is anecdotal information. people are all different - what works for one may not work for another.

clinton

3. anything for a.d.h.d

4. GAC=Gifted Atention Confouned:I also have same. HASH&OIL helps me think more clear.ak47,g13,&hash plants that couse couch lock takes care your over activness:gac= good advise coutioned:

5. ok great list man thanks for that but i didnt' notice any for bipolar dissorder
    I'm bi polar and have been of meds for over 17 years now thanks to M.J. i have some some make me think a lil much but mostly it calms my brain wich helps stabilize my moods
    any ideas wich would be best for me?????

6. Would be better if it was more neatly formated, but good list nonetheless!

7. #87 ridegrunner, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    I tried to clean this up for you guy, plus add stuff people replied to the original post by Clinton.

ADD/ Focus:
    Billiejack, Jack Herer, C99, Thai, Haze, Elvis, Dogshit.....

Alert/Cerebral: AK-47, Dankouver, Cambodian X Orange Peako.

Appetite Stimulant/Spasms: TY's Northernberry x Reefermans herijuana, Catalyst, Purple Kush, Romulan,Mango/Durban X, Trainwreck, AK-47, Afgooey, NYC Sour Diesel

Chronic pain: Blueberry, reeferman's hashplant, White Russian, M-39, Skunk #1, Romspice, Nirvana Papaya, Romulan, Shiskeberry.

Depression/Anxiety/Sleep
    : Blue Moonshine, Jack Herrer, M-39, Herijuana, Catalyst, L.A. Hogsbreath, Sour Diesel, Bubblegum, Nirvana Papaya, Female Seeds Grapefruit (depression, not anxiety), Nirvana White Widow, Trainwreck

Digestive Disorders: Blueberry, Blackberry, Black Domina.

Fibromyalgia: Bubble Gum, Blueberry, Lifesaver, Amsterdam Bubble Funk, Kali Misty

Insomnia/Social Awareness/Emotional Stability
    : Black Domina, Butterscotch Hawiian, Trainwreck, Afgani, William's Wonder, Blueberry, Afghani X Trainwreck

Joint/Muscle Pain: Legends Ultimate Indica, UBC Chemo x Grapefruit, Blueberry, Slow Train, AK-47, Romulan, Blueberyy Kush, Mango/Durban X, Trainwreck, Sensi-Star, Afgani Trainwreck, Original U.W., L.A. Hogsbreath, New York City Diesel, Silver Haze, Romspice, Nirvana northen light x big bud

Migraines: Amsterdam Bubble Funk

MS Neuropathic Pain / Urinary Incontinence
    : Trainwreck, Super Silver Haze), NYCD and Sour Diesel, Cindy 99,

Nausea/Diarrhea/Cramping (ex:Menstrual Cramps): Blueberry, Nevells Haze, M-39

Neuropathic Pain: AK-47, Medicine Man., Romspice

Sleep/General Relaxation:Sonoma Coma, Lifesaver, Real Matanuska Thunder Fu*K, XXX, Legends Ultimate Indica, Sensi Star, White Russian, Romulan, Blueberry Kush

Social Anxiety
    : Romulan, NL#5, Hindu Kush, OG Kush, Bubba Kush, Nevells Haze

Stress: Heavenly Man, Purple Kush, AK-47, Afgani Trainwreck, Nirvana northen light x big bud

Feel free to copy this, add to it, and repost.

8. the list is fascinating study. however labeling is trying. unless the person were to grow the strain specifically or had a reliable source (compassion club) doing a study on what strain works for what will always have some flaws. that said...

there's plenty of great information going on here! we could break the people down into groups. all the fibromyalgia ppl like me could start a discussion on what strains work for us. coming up with something more definitive. and why the strain works....

personally i think the white strains work great for FM. there's balance of uplifting from the sativa and pain relieving from the indica. possibly the CBD's play some role too.

i know some MS ppl that swear by Williams Wonder.

if we can talk about what works based on our illness and collective wisdom we'll do wonders.

there's a huge demand for information of this kind.

have a wonderful day

matt mernagh

9. I like the idea of grouping people by similar conditions and then letting them say what strains work, but seems like it'd be hard to pull off. We'd need like 50 threads going, to keep it separate, then merge what we learn onto one list.

I like the other idea with the compassion clubs more. Call/Email them and ask for a sheet or a rundown on which strains are working for what conditions. I'm sure it will vary, but it would be easier to list and atleast give people a good place to start their journey.

10. Hello everyone, so nice to be a part of Grass City :wave: I would like to ask a question about Medicinal MJ for Migraines. I get severe migraines that last for about 4 days and cause a lot of vomitting and incredible debilitating head pain. :( In April 2008 I was prescribed Imitrex for the pain by my Dr. but I do not like to take any Western Med. and it cost 40$ a pill, I can use up to 3 pills a episode and have 1-3 episodes in a 30 day period. I have now been prescribed Med MJ and am excited to see if Mother Earths Medicine will work for me. Does anyone know what strain out there would be useful to me for my migraines? and or a web site/ link that I can follow for more information?

Thanks in advance for your information and again so nice to be a citizen of Grass City. :hello:

Cheers GSD4ME

11. Hello Everyone, I am new to Grass City and would like to say I am thankful for this community of people with so much information on MJ. I want to ask a ? about Medicinal MJ.
    I suffer from terrible Migraine headaches and have just recently been prescribed Medical MJ the problem is I do not know what strain or strains would be right for my condition. Can anyone tell me of a strain they have used for severe Migraines that has relieved the pain? and or tell me of a web site/link or literature I can view for more information?
    Thank you Clinton for your post, very helpful and thank you in advance for answering my post.
    Regards GSD4ME

12. Sorry did not see my first post made it to the board.

13. Excellent post, now if I could only get Medical in good old everything's illegal New Jersey..

14. A friend get total releaf from pitbull. http://www.gro4me.com/Exclusive.htm

It is sugarplum and P91 cross.

clinton

15. wuddup yall, anyone know a strain that would be good for chronic migraines? thanks, deuces.

16. See post above your last post #94

clinton

17. Thank you Clinton! I have visited the link you provided, I believe I live near this gardener.I have visited the web site and am inquiring about a couple different strains available.
    I am looking forward to finding something that will work.

Thanks again, GSD4ME :wave:

18. My last crop included Purple Erkel - my friend with monster migrains since a child said the PE worked very well also for him.

clinton

19. GSD4ME - I have chronic migraines with auras, and although I can't give you strain specific advise, I can say that I have had very good results over the last 10 years with just about every type of marijuana that I have tried - when used as a preventative medication. The important thing with migraines is to use the marijuana before the headache has begun. This is easier to do if you have auras like I do, but basically as soon as you notice onset symptoms you need to smoke. For me, this will completely prevent me from having a headache, so my need to use painkillers is nonexistent. If I wait the 30-40 minutes until after my auras have gone away and the headache is started, the pot will only act as a painkiller rather than a preventative.

20. Thank you again Clinton and everyone who has given me information, this is most helpful. I like to here what other migraine sufferers have used or the way they use it. I get terrible muscle cramping in my back and neck before I have a migraine, if I can prevent the migraine this would be the best route for me. I am thinking about trying a rub oil or butter to relieve the cramping and muscle spasms hoping this will help prevent the migraine. In my garden I have Carmelicous and Queen D witch I assume is White Queen x New York Diesel? I have asked Stoney Girl for some information on her Pit Bull strain in hopes that she has something for me. Thanks again Clinton for that link.

Kindly GSD4ME aka Vik