Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Man thanks so much for all that great info!..ive tried so many different strains and concentrates just in the past month trying to find sonthing that helps with all my problems....like I've been on hard pain meds for over 6 years and it doesn't matter what strain it is or anything nothing takes the teal pain away,it does help tho...but I hope MARYLAND can start having recreational cuz it's too much money for sum1 on a fixed income and I'm 32....heres pics of bud that I do have 1020180221a_HDR.jpg 1020180217a_HDR.jpg IMG_20181013_210548_304.jpg 1011182221_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. @Styme7272 Yes, i too hope MD gets with the program and allows recreational cannabis to be sold legally in shops... have a friend living there and was trying to fix her up with a local shop for some CBD oil... told her she would need a medical rec. but then i read the short list of what would qualify her and she has none of the above so to speak.

MD needs to expand the list to include even insomnia or general anxiety in order to get peeps off dangerous big pharma addictive crap. I just found this topic today thus the untimely reply but it was due for a bump anyway i would think.. many ppl suffering and the list by the OP in 1st post is a good starting point to narrow down the search.

3. reported dickhead Andy701420 for trying to sell products here at GC

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I just discovered this site and have been studying different strains. I was given an Indica for my fibromyalgia, trigenimal neuralgia, neuropathy, disc bulge, osteoarthritis from C2-T1 in neck, bursitis in both hips, full tear in right rotator cuff and partial in left. Both knees, hands, sacrum have bad osteoarthritis, migraines, IBS, just new hypothyroidism. However, I’m not depressed unless I don’t sleep then it’s temporary. I’m allergic to anti inflammatory meds and cortisone. My Dr here in Australia referred me to a cannabis dr as I used to be on 600mg tegretol, 200gm MS Contin (Morphine) 1-twice a day, 60mg Duloxetine, 30mg Codeine for IBS, Levythyroxine, botox for migraines, panadol, 5mg diazepam 1-twice a day. It was horrible, my life was not worth living. So I took it upon myself to withdraw off all of those terrible drugs using diazepam. I didn’t tell my dr until I was well. She was very upset as I could have died, but I didn’t. I actually really thought I was going to die. It took 4 weeks to feel like myself again but the pain was still there. I was given a 100ml bottle of Champlain Indica 20.9% THC to try. It hurt so bad I stopped taking it after 3 weeks. They kept telling me to stick with it. All the minor pains I had control over came back and hurt me so bad, I thought I’d die. So I stopped and researched different strains, bought quality essential oils for topicals and a Magical Butter Machine. I made coconut liquid oil and added essential oils and the magic happened. I’m now going to grow my own and bought most of those seeds you have mentioned. I’ve also helped 2 kids with eczema one dry, one weepy and not making melatonin. I then made a balm to moisturise after I dried it up and his skin is getting to look great. The big pharma and cannabis Drs have it in their tiny brains that one strain fixes all. I know it’s not true. I use organic, pure essential oils from ahisma oils as the cannabis oil won’t help with everything by itself. I made butterfly gummies that creep up on you, are relaxing and you go to sleep with no pain. Now to grow in my plastic greenhouse so I get the right strains. I’ve only grown outside a couple of plants so been researching hard out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Thank you for this

6. Depression is not in my mind either. I just get on with it and use my oils

7. Hello,

I’m new to this site and mhm in general. I’ve been experimenting with strains and delivery methods to treat fibromyalgia, chronic migraines, MS, chronic pain from a knee injury, anxiety and depression.The bud tenders at the dispensaries I frequent have been helpful, but are very quick to point out that everyone has different effects with different strains.

Durban Poison - vaped concentrate in small hits. Anxiety controlled and depression...well I no longer wanted to drive my car off a bridge so I’d say it worked. Pain was diminished so I could function and the small hits kept the buzz to a minimum. My head was no more fuzzy then if I took a regular dose of cold medicine.

Nurse Jackie - vaped flower. Depression and anxiety gone. Better at pain relief than DP and still functioned all day.

Blue Cookies (Blue Dream x GSC) - vaped and smoked flower. great pain relief. Depression and anxiety were not issues. Slept great.

Cannatonic - vaped concentrate. Same results as DP but a heavier high. Slept hard and long. Definitely a night time strain.

Mango OG - vaped flower. Hit me much like Nurse Jackie.

Sour Gorilla (Sour Diesel x GG) - smoked flower. Effects of DP but with the heavy high of Blue Cookies. It was a new bubbler and I think the bowl was just too much for me as I got so high I literally couldn’t lift my head for a little while.

Not sure if this helps anyone else. Prior to getting my MMJ card I’ve been on several different Rx for migraines, refused MS Rx due to potential side effects, and the knee injury was given nothing but naproxen. Back in the late 70s/early 80s I was given Percocet, Darvocet, and Fiorocet like 100 at a time. No one thought anything of it. I have such a tolerance to things like that now if a doc would even consider opioids for my pain, the dose to be effective would be high enough to be potentially dangerous. I told my doctor then it was time to try something different because I’m not ready to put myself in a situation that could kill me, and western medicine has apparently failed me.

Toni

• Like Like x 2
  8. you have given such a detailed piece of information. I think it will be very good source of help for people who don't know what to use with what disease. Good on you!

9. #710 seanroberts0912, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    Thanks for this great information. I have used some strains from your list but i didn't aware from the rest of them. Thanks again:smoking-rapper:!!

10. Thanks for this great information. I have used some strains from your list but i didn't aware from the rest of them. Thanks again:smoking-rapper:!!

11. Honey.. you sound very bitter. Just go and leave him behind if he doesn’t want what’s best for you!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. I've been growing 4 years now and the only strain I've come across I'd absolutely class as medical is ripleys og auto by mephisto.
    I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and that stuff stops it dead Instantly.
    2 puffs on a joint and literally a minuit later all symptoms are gone.
    Only strain I've had that does that.
    Sure it comes from an alien og so that stuffs probably even better for it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #714 professor25, Aug 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    I have been dying from congestive heart failure and neuroleptic Parkinson's with dopamine blockade of receptors. I was the victim of really sick crimes at a disabled home. I have bradykinesia, cramping, freezing, my brain goes blank and I can't learn or remember and have constipation. dopamine also affects heart output

can anything help long term without causing long term damage (maybe a low 5% thc vape or edible)? is it really necessary to heat it?
    what is the cheapest shop for edibles and vape cartridges that can ship?
    how about the marijuana rx medicines like sativex in the US?

I'm really curious about how thc cbd affects the brain dopamine receptors and other receptors and heart function.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Great Post Thanks

15. I dislike aggressive spammers like @BBMJ

Granny

16. 9lb hammer really helped me out with my mild insomnia and made my back pain magically non-existent
    Grape Ape and Purple Punch helped me out with my insomnia and gave me good appetite
    Ice Cream Cake definitely would make me euphoric, back pain non-existent, munchies

Mai Tai helped me out with focus and creativity

17. Going over it now for appetite stimulant. Every strain used to get me hungry! now with the stress and illness "bone marrow failure" it has made me barely eat.

18. No cancer on the list so I will add. Purple strains work best on cancers

• Like Like x 1
  19. Great content! Thanks for sharing!