Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. What about rec. strains for glaucoma patients?

2. were can you pick up some 'Romspice" seeds?

3. Who has had experience with these strains and can verify this stuff?

Where was the information about the strains gathered and how were tests performed to see them used for these purposes?

I'm not trying to say that this information is fake, but it very well can be. I like to see testing involved with stuff like this.

4. Severe Insomnia: Afghani X Trainwreck

5. so i'm still a little confused.
    If you have any one of those Symptoms is have been diagnosed with any one of those, you are allowed to get legal marijuana?
    (if you apply and all that)
    i think i'm wrong.
    Or is it a suggestion on what to try, to help cope with it?

6. Guys take it easy this isn't supposed to be 100% correct

7. Yo. This such an awesome thread, whether it be true or not or 100% accurate it still can give people hope. I am studying to become a pharmacist, this list will definately be my off the record referals.
    I had a question, what type of the holy herb would be good to stimulate my mind and thoughts and basically make u active rather than sluggish.
    :smoking:

8. white widow
    super sour diesel

basically anything sativa will give you that kind of effect

edit: get a nug of sativa and a nug of indica and hold them side by side, the sativa one (probably) has long and skinny leaves and indica is more of a "bud". use that to help judge any strains that are questionable to you

9. This past year my friend has run into an amazing connect which got us about 5pizzies of california medical chronic and it was pretty amazing. I didnt know much about the weed except it was the best in the area. Turns out my friend talked to the person who grew it and he harvests for some of the cannabis clubs in cali and it is a cross between Purple Kush and White widow and its without a doubt the best weed I have ever smoked and I highly recommend it to anyone else that comes across it!

10. If you make a video of mary jane visibly remedying signs of illness, I'll show lots of people. Other people probably will too.

11. Thanks Clinton! My pain includes cronic fatigue and depression so sativa is what I always go for. I need the energy and pain relief. I'm def. going to look into the different sativa strains. I need something that adds focus also. :)

12. it says that people with ADD can use it and i do have add. So if i lived in California where medical marijuana is legal would i beable to ask a doctor to prescribe me with some medical weed?

13. Hi I am new. I found the info helpful but I dont see anything about what is good for gluacoma do you know or is there anyone else that does.

14. can you really get pot in Oregon if you have ADD????:yay:

That'd be FAAAANNNNNNNNNTASTIC.

15. My foot hurts too.

16. thank you for a great post....my wife has chronic degenerative disease in her back, as well as severe sciatica....i tried many sites to find romspice, romulan, shiskeberry, and the doctor. no luck.....any ideas, or other strains valued for pain relief, please help!
    greatfully, p

17. wow this is a goood list:)

18. Keep in mind that everyone's chemistry is different. I suggest you experiment to find the one just for you. I'd like to share a list that is more geared toward studies on specific illness from reliable sceintific sources. I included an attachment but it anyone need a text, let me know. Soon, I'll also have it up online too to and a link to on online list. (2008) Granny Sormcrow

Attached Files:

19. Fantastic information. I hope one day to be able to apply this to my digestive disorder. I would love to be able to apply some of these specific strains to my condition. Thanks again! :hello:

20. You have one HUGE problem with your list. ANY sativa strain is NOT good at all for ADD. Anything that makes your brain more active, you more hyper, etc (which sativa does) is going to have an adverse effect on your ADD. I can tell you this because of three main reasons:

1. I have ADD.

2. I have a friend, who is legalized through the govnm't of Canada, that has a prescription stating exactly this. Sativa brand marijuana, while helping his other tics (tourette's syndrome, which I also have), can make someone with ADD a tad more hyper. Indica supresses this.

3. The government legalized grow shops, all recommend and state this to their customers. Every staff member is taught which brand of pot is best for each individual disease. Indica is the brand you want for ADD.

Sativa + ADD = More ADD.