Discovery Channel's Weed Ratings

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by bottronics, Aug 4, 2011.

1. This is awesome! I cannot wait. If anyone knows the date and time for the first show please post.

2. I just hope they don't demonize it too much.

3. It's a step in the right direction but at the same time you know other rival channels are gonna want to do some kind of reality show on cannabis as well and it could end up good or bad.

4. sometimes you gotta give an inch to get a mile bro

5. I like the idea of Weed Wars airing side by side with Oddities and American Chopper! The more mainstream media weed gets, the more the general public will realize that it's time!

Peace

6. I just hope they don't call it "pot" and "dope" on the show. And actually shows how people benefit from it, not just stupid kids going "whoaa check out this pickup man its 420!"

Also RIP. It's hard for the guv to simply ignore this kind of stuff when it's shown on national tv.

7. "You just blew my fucking mind."
    Good metaphor though.

8. Wow im glad to see this! On a channel like discovery hopefully the unopened minds of ganja hating Americans will soon see that weed isnt such a bad thing cause itll be so close to home now.

9. Sounds great :smoking:

I'll be tuning in :D

10. I was going to say. I betdiscovery and DeAngelo would love to getraided by the DEA after this series. Think of the publicity, “Hey did you hear?That place on weedwars got raided. Ya I wonder what happened, better look themup” not only will they get sympathy and publicity, it would make a great subjectfor discovery to make a follow up “season/episode/documentary” on

11. I really don't like how people call themselves patients and the weed medication. It seems like it would be insulting to those few who actually benefit significantly from weed. I love weed but I don't think I will ever get a med card even though I live in California it's just against my ethical code. I won't lie to get something that I don't believe is wrong.

12. So by that statement are you assuming that everyone who calls cannabis medicine are liars? I call cannabis medicine because that's what it is. Anyone who refuses to accept the medical value of cannabis is blinded by ignorance, or has some other dirty agenda with dollar signs written all over it.

13. I fucking love Discovery channel man

14. Let's see...it's been medication for the better part of 6,000-8,000 of recordable history and classified as an illicit "drug" for, ummm...74(ish) years.

It ISN'T wrong and it IS medicine (with or without a card saying so)!

15. I hate Discovery Channel shows like this. While the topic is great and deserves attention, the way in which it will be aired will be corny, and ratings-driven. The "personalities" of the staff will become the focus of the show. I can say now, I wont be watching.

16. this right here is the reason i wont be watching.. i honestly believe that the Discovery channel will do nothing but rape our cause for their own personal financial gains, which if you look back at the american agenda on cannabis it is the sole purpose that the substance was made illegal in the first place.. the people that run this country honestly could give a rats ass about the people who have made them so much money..

17. I cant wait to watch this show just to see how they portray the field

18. Right on brother!

19. Skeptical.

Reality show?

..?