Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Discovery channel show about weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb8475, Nov 21, 2011.

1. They didn't ask the subjects to find a key, like the op said. They asked them to locate a lock box.

2. Slightly more logical than a key, yet...Still...:cool:

3. I have to disagree with you on that part in bold. I don't think they tried to compare mj to any of the other drugs. They said at the very beginning of the show that they were going to experiment with the four most popular drugs in the U.S. Cannabis is among that list, we cannot deny that fact. If anything, the show did a great job of showing how different cannabis is compared to those other drugs.

4. While in the house they were wearing a gaskmask, but the visor was painted black...that also explains why he's crawling on the floor.

5. #25 wataytay69, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    No you are right. At least one of the components in cannabis is a bronchodlilator (meaning it opens the lungs). In fact there are inhalers being manufactured in the US as we speak that are made from Cannabis for patients with COPD!:eek: However they are not yet on the market.

6. That show was stupid as fuck, I swear those were just actors.

7. The purpose of the experiment was to test the subjects while they were under extreme pressure to see how they would react. The cannabis user, while he remained perfectly calm, was almost too calm, and he took a great deal of time performing the task. As a matter of fact, he ran out of time. The cocaine user, on the other hand, was so stressed out he became violent.

8. I thought this thread was going to be about the new show coming out where it basically looks like a reality show in the largest mmj dispensiary. I don't remember the name of it (the show or dispensary) but i'm sure some of my fellow GC members know what it is.

9. Don't believe anything,
    Question everything.

10. That show is called Weed Wars, also scheduled to air on the Discovery Ch. It was originally supposed to air this month, but for whatever reason has been pushed back to some time in December, I think. I think production was interrupted by the coming of the raids in California. One of the main subjects of Weed Wars was the guy who owns Harbor Side. During the making of the documentary Harbor Side ran into problems with the IRS. Now I'm really interested in seeing this show to see if anything comes up about the raids, or about Harbor Side being shut down.

11. Yeah the show looks so interesting. I almost feel obligated to watch it.

12. LOL I watched that show..it said that weed makes u unmotivated......even though just this morning I decided not to workout.. then smoked a joint.. and decided I wanted to workout. Made me motivated this morning. Has done that multiple times to.

One of the tests they had to put together a little cabinet... I bet the guy on weed would have put that cabinet together ALOT faster if he had 5 seeds waiting to be grown in it.

13. Sounds much like me :):) One time I was at my house and my buddies wanted to make a bong but I couldn't think for myself so they told me what to get. However, being so high, I couldn't remember the list of things they told me to retrieve, so the whole task ended up taking 5x longer as I had to keep walking back and forth from my kitchen to my front door where my friends were. Anyways, it was pretty funny.

The same thing happened with a test I was taking, and all the answers were there and we had to match the words (the test problems were displayed with a projector, and the answers that had to be matched were written on a white board next to the projector screen). Between looking at my paper, the projector, and the whiteboard, I couldn't remember the questions so I would look back at the screen to re-read it, and then I would forget the answer. Needless to say, I failed to complete the test (missing out on a piece of candy :eek:) but fortunately for me the test had no point value (and I resisted the urge to tell the teacher that I forgot how to take the test) .

Jake

14. lol weed does kinda demotivate me for the moment, however you can always work out before smoking

plus if you vaporize arent you reducing the risk of lung cancer? because there is no actual smoke

15. #35 JakeTheKiffer, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    Weed used to be a major motivator for me back in the day, until I got caught by my parents. Ever since then, cannabis use has been sketchier and less enjoyable than before. Back then, I would make a deal with myself, like "If you do all your homework, and you do it good, you get 2 bowls." That's how I controlled my cannabis use, but now I'm forming bad habits (so I feel) and it seems like everything is spiraling out of control (trust, responsibility, grades). Any advice for doing well in school while being mentally 'addicted' (It's more or less a lack of will-power and self-discipline) would be much appreciated. Anyways, enough of my personal problems, but I felt that it was important for me to type this response (I don't know why).

Jake

16. try to reduce how much your smoking to take a t-break. i hit a point where i was smoking constantly due to be crazy stressed out (full time student/ working 50+ hours a week, and still had a social life), i smoked enough that everything kind of blurred together. took a t break to kill off my tolerance

now i still smoke pretty frequently (wasn't daily untill finals week lol), but im probably about to pull A's in all of my classes (maybe a b or 2):D

you just have to set limits, for example if i have hw or a project to do, ill get it over with, then ill smoke and relax and enjoy the rest of my night

so to keep things short: cut back a bit if necessary, and get shit done before you smoke lol (if your like me at least)

17. Weird, because this is exactly how I feel. It was like you could ask me what I had for dinner 2 or 3 nights ago and I wouldn't be able to remember what I ate on each particular night. Idk, maybe this is a bad example, but hey, here's another one: I know I have more examples, but I can't remember them. LOL that's not quite what I'm looking for either. But i understand you point because that's where I am right now.

18. yeah i know where your coming from lol. for me what it came down to is i hated that job and decided i needed to stop smoking so i could pass a drug test to get another one. 3 month 2 day t-break that was crazy