Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Discovery channel show about weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb8475, Nov 21, 2011.

1. theres this show on discovery and id thought id rant. they show these 4 people put through different situations on different drugs. one of them is weed.

anywasys, they keep saying so much bullshit about weed. like they put the weed guy in a house with fire and smoke to see how hed react and he just acted retarded and started crawling around. like who would do that honestly?

the show also said that weed stopped him from being able to retrieve past memories of how to react to emergencies... lmfao.. propoganda leeching into the tv

2. Smoke rises...Seems like he pulled the right move in a house with fire and smoke.

Isn't that how you are supposed to react? Get low and feel around for a way out?

Hell, if we're going to continue to watch shows that are blatantly against our agenda...Why don't we all have a movie night where we constantly screen "Reefer Madness" since as far as I can tell the only goal to watching such shows is to criticize their findings with...Well, nothing.:cool:

3. no sorry guess i wasnt descriptive enough. the users were tasked with having to go in and retrieve a key and then get out. the guy on weed just went in and got distracted

4. i was watching this also, the reason they were crawling was because they told them too because in a house fire the best oxygen is close to the ground i don't recall what they had to find/do but yeah. the past memories is bull shit though. they proved in a way it isn't as bad as all the other drugs they showed though at the ending all they said about it harming him was that his lung capacity decreased and he is at a higher risk of lung cancer the cancer part is bs, but lung capacity is true in super high me(the movie) they tested his capacity and it had decreased. overall though i thought it was pretty interesting.

5. Was this " Your Body on Drugs"?????

6. it was a show called Curiosity

7. I recall something about how people react when they know they are being watched, they react to fit in...Or do what they "know" a majority of people would do in the same situation. Obviously dude isn't going to die on Discovery, he knows that I'm sure, or at least was hoping like hell they wouldn't let him die while he tried to pull perhaps the most illogical situation I have ever heard of...

Go retrieve this key from a burning house...No.:cool:

8. Yes this is the name.

The doctor dude just sat each of the 4 people down and told them what continuing using their drug will do. All he could tell the weed guy was "it's been proven that smoking causes lung cancer". Wow. What fucking bullshit. How can he call himself a doctor? Fuck this show

9. I'm confused. I thought smoking weed actually increased lung capacity?

10. This is funnier
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiV1vSDXVrE]10 Drugs You Shouldn't Be On While Driving - YouTube[/ame]

11. Yes! Curiosity: Your Body on Drugs

I just caught the ending and I think these people might be actors, like this seems like staged and fake to me

12. Lol, I can understand what your saying, but if i smoked enough i would probably act more retarted than that :smoke:

13. i don't get how you can think smoking weed would help your lung capacity increase. it does still coat your lungs with resin like stuff or something like that idk what you would call it but it does decrease it however not very much it still does after a while.

14. #14 wataytay69, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2011
    watching as we speak. Scientific this show is not. One subject per test group isn't really gathering enough data to be "science."

What it does do however is show the average american that cannabis is not nearly as bad as other "hard drugs".

Proof positive it should no longer be classified as Schedule I.

edit to add. Just saw only side affect of Pot Smoker was increased risk of lung cancer. OK I'll accept that risk. Better I smoke pot than smoke cigarettes.

15. Actually you're both correct :hello:

16. Oh ok. I thought I remembered hearing somewhere about it increasing lung capacity because we inhale alot deeper than tobacco smokers or something, but I guess I was misinformed.

17. [quote name='"nb8475"']theres this show on discovery and id thought id rant. they show these 4 people put through different situations on different drugs. one of them is weed.

anywasys, they keep saying so much bullshit about weed. like they put the weed guy in a house with fire and smoke to see how hed react and he just acted retarded and started crawling around. like who would do that honestly?

the show also said that weed stopped him from being able to retrieve past memories of how to react to emergencies... lmfao.. propoganda leeching into the tv[/quote]

That's bullshit if I get scared when High I freak out so in a fire I would be the fuck out of there

18. I would ace that shit.

19. I watched this program tonight, and praised it for its fairness. The Discovery Ch. did an experiment using 4 different subjects to compare the effects of the four most commonly abused drugs in the U.S., cannabis, heroin, meth, and cocaine. After watching the 1 hour program from beginning to end, I concluded that the experiment proved that cannabis was the safest of the substances. I got kind of tickled at the pot smoker when he did the driving course. He never went over 7mph. :laughing:
    On the other hand, he didn't hit anything either. The guy on coke hit the stop sign, and the guy on meth ran over two cones. They were also put to task building a bookcase, and they were given specific written, and illustrated instructions on how to do so. The chick on heroin built the best bookshelf, while the guy high on marijuana never finished because he just really didn't feel like doing it...lol

I think all of you should check it out. It's Curiosity: Your Body on Drugs. The best part is it's hosted by Robin Williams, one of the most notorious drug users in Hollywood. :cool:

20. Yeh i just watched it.
    They made marijuana sound bad, but if you payed attention to what they were actually saying you can tell it really had no danger.
    The dude who was the marijuana guy looked like a meth head not a stoner..
    But i mean they really were not bullshitting.
    Of course when your on marijuana you have memory loss for a bit and thats all they said. You cant be too quick to judge what they were saying.
    Plus when it came to the autospy they were talking about smoking not eating/vaping so yehh dont be too quick to judge the show. Of course i dont like the show because they made it seem like mj was a drug that can be compared to heroin but they really didnt talk that badly about mj.