Discovering the best Hydroponic Method

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by dysphoric, Jul 5, 2018.

?

Which strain should I use for my first experiment?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2018.
  1. Blue Haze

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Blue Cheese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Blue Dream

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Introduction:

I will be using this thread to document an experiment of mine, prior to fully switching from soil to hydroponics, in the pursuit to determine which is the most efficient and cost effective way to grow cannabis. Understandably, different strains and phenotype may respond uniquely to different methods, so I will repeat this experiment with different phenotype of the same strain, and also different strains of varying indica/sativa ratios.

In each experiment, clones from the same plant will be grown straight to flower using the Kratky Method, DWC, Wick, RDWC, Ebb & Flow, and Soil as a control. They will receive the same nutrients, ph, and lighting.

This experiment and journal will contain precise details, how-to's for replication, photos, regular updates, videos, and side by side time lapse of growth from clone to bud. At the end of the grow we will weigh each plant in separate categories, bulk stem, bulk bud, roots, fan leaves, fine trim, and overall, both dry, and wet. After a short cure we will perform an extraction on the whole materials of each plant and weigh the result.

I hope that this experience can be shared and used as a learning tool to others that are interested in growing cannabis hydroponically and are wondering where to start. I look forward to the first update post in which I will showcase the beginning of the first experiment and choose which strain/mother to take clones from.

2. When can we expect your first update?