Discount Advanced Nutrients...SCAM?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Legalizit, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Hey all, the past few days i have been checking out urbangrower.com (if you havent yet i highly recommend it!) and it has really inspired me to go out and get the complete AN line..

But, as we all know it costs an arm and a leg to do that so when i was looking for an alternate retailer, i stubbled across these guys!

The site looks great and everything, but like most stuff on the internet, it seems to good to be true.

So, tell me what you guys think. If anyone has ordered from these guys PLEASE let me know how your experiance was!

Thanks for the help GC!!:wave:

2. haha wow thanks bank, i didnt even know you grew:eek:

But thats too bad, looks like im paying full price again:(

Anyone else please, comments are still welcome!

3. ive ordered from them twice with no problems.

I don't order anymore because it comes from canada and has to go through customs, which freaks me out.
    But as far as them being a scam.. it wasn't for me.

4. Well thats fantastic news! Thanks AW!

Is that just a safety precaution or are there really cases where someone was busted from ordering nutes? Cause that would blow quite hard...

And if you dont mind me asking, where do you get your stuff?

5. nah man, you cant get busted for ordering nutes.. i'm just ultra paranoid about getting shit delivered to my grow.
    If customs opens up a package of "big bud" they know it aint for tomatoes lol..

i usually get everything i need from the hydro shop which is like an hour from me. when i do buy online it's either from htgsupply.com or planetnatural.com bith are pretty reasonable in price and ship SUPER fast

the only AN product i use is sweet leaf, and my shop doesn't sell it.. they have others but the AN one is the best imo.

6. Haha wait im mad confused now, if they open it up and know its not for tomatoes, wont they just go right ahead and bust you?

I think im gonna play it safe though because i was planning on making a big order (whole AN line) but if someone agrees to let me ship to their house i dont see a problem.

Do you know of any retailers in the U.S. (to get around the customs issue) that offer good prices?

Thanks man:wave:

7. Hey I def dont mean to throw any pressure on August but by all means, if anyone has any info for an Advanced Nutrients retailer in the US? Looking for prices that beat my hydro shop so the cheaper the better.. Thanks gc!:smoking:

8. i know bghydro.com sells advanced nutrients. they also used to have a price matching deal going on. email them a link to where you can get a product cheaper and they'd email you a discount code. they sell out of cali, and i've never had any issues. great customer service.

9. man your gonna spend some serious cash for their whole line...which shouldnt be broken up like AN does(but heh they got to make money too I guess). I like their products but I cant see buying the whole line, when you can use similar products and get the same results. That said I do use some of AN line, but the whole thing thats just wastfull in my eyes. GChydro has some decent prices as well...but like AugustW said, I never have it shipped to me...but I have around 5hydro stores within 30mins of my home.

10. OP im not sure if you've noticed this but urbangrower is basically just one giant AN advertisment and before you drop that kind of green to get some green i'd suggest you look into lucas formula for the GH 3 part line

11. Wow im gonna check that out asap, thanks alot bro...thats just what i was looking for:hello:

12. Hey man thanks for your concern but im already aware of this. Im just going to try out the entire line, pH up and down, everything, see what works what dosent. This is only my second grow after all...

But yeah i only have one grow store and its pretty over priced. they also dont carry alot of the products i want/need.:(

13. No offense man but your the people that this company goes after....If this is truly your second grow, is your grow room dialed in? Theres nothing that should be improved? Your enviromental controls are taken care of? If you grow space is not working properly(Im not saying it is, as I dont know you) no matter how many nutes/additives you buy, your not going to get the results that a advertisement says you'll get. Just like when you go to burger king and order a whopper...does it look like it did in the commercial?

Not trying to preach or even talk you out of it, but you and any new growers should know that there is no holy grail additive or nute system that can promise you 2lbs per plant/harvest...theres to many variables involved with it. Nothing gets results like practice and learning...thats how you'll achieve the harvests you want.

14. Yes, I know hes just a big AN advertisment, but behind that hes a really experianced and knowledgable grower. So i mean of course hes gonna promote his product, its his job, but he dosent use them cause he gets paid to. He really believes they work and im willing to shell out 5 hundo or so to try.

Who dosent want 2 pounds per light:smoking:

15. Im not trying to start a fight here man but yeah you shouldnt have came here and made that speculation. I actually know exactly what im talking about and yes my shit is totally dialed in, ive put 2k+ in easy.

I was just seeing if a fellow AN user had a secret resource for discounted goods. They are quite expensive as we all know.

But yeah, I Have the lucas formula I just never installed my RO machine so i havent tried it out yet. Again im doing this to try them(AN) out. I will be trying out the Lucas Formula as soon as i get around to it.

Thanks for your concern but i know what im doing, im also willing to spend alot of money to get my medacine the way i like:smoking:

Again, not trying to start a fight or nothin'

16. If you look at what I said I was not saying your system was not dialed in, I mearly asked if it were...you got defensive about it saying I shouldnt speculate(although you say its only your second grow...That in itself opens it up speculation). Well thats good Im glad on your second grow your dialed in...takes longer for most. But dumping cash into your growroom doesnt make it dialed in, its how well its set up. I hope you find success with it and make sure to do a log so you can show us your results with the whole system. Im sure theres alot of folks interested in seeing it in action. Once again, good luck and happy growing.

17. Alright good lookin man, it just seemed that you were coming at me, my fault.

But yeah i know dumping money into my grow dosent mean shit if i dont know what to do with the shit. I do how ever put alot of my time and energy into it so im just trying to get the best results i can.

I hope this dosent close the thread, still looking for any input out there:smoking:

But numb thanks for the good wishes, ill be sure to drop by your grow:wave:

18. install your RO machine or use a mister clean auto dry thing as an RO machine

19. Im trying to get around to it bro, we just got done with a weekend long flood so theres a long way to come before i get around to it;)

When i do though i am def going to run a bucket with Lucas, ive just heard too many great things to have those bottles down there doin' nothin'!