Grasscity - Cyber Monday Sale - up to 70% Discount

disconnected from society

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by iWannaTreeONugs, Mar 29, 2012.

1. #1 iWannaTreeONugs, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    So me and my friends do many unmentionables together and lately I have just felt separated from them (if that makes any sense). I've been trying to hang out with them lately but its weird. Things just seem different, but I just want them to go back to the way they were when we were best friends and chillin all the time. I think part of the reason is because idk what to talk about and I get uncomfortable in awkward situations. If anyone could give me some advice I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Edit:also my GC app was messes up for a while so I couldn't visit the city regularly up until recently. And now that I'm back again its gettin easier to talk. Idk if that has any connections but I just need to fix this.

2. Over-indulgence in unmentionables.. Did the same thing. Just stop for awhile assuming you can.. My avatar 4x a week and I lost all touch after awhile. Moderation my friend

3. I'm in recovery now, but I can identify with having consistent using with a couple friends completely changing our friendship. I didn't think so at the time, but I'm definitely an addict. I don't know if the unmentionable in your post is an addictive one, but starting the recovery process definitely helped other parts of my life, and allowed me to make better relationships.

My situation could be very different from yours, but when using affects your relationships (friendships in this case) it can be a sign of addiction, or atleast abuse.

I hope this wasn't too preachy, but I know exactly what you're talking about.

Good luck, brother.

4. I've never been into the unmentionables' game that much but it seems that the people I have met who get addicted to a certain thing or another always think and somewhat live in the past. But you can't go back in time where you and your friends were different and had different relationships. There is no time machine, so fuck worrying about what was and live in the here and now.

5. [quote name='"myoung7189"']I've never been into the unmentionables' game that much but it seems that the people I have met who get addicted to a certain thing or another always think and somewhat live in the past. But you can't go back in time where you and your friends were different and had different relationships. There is no time machine, so fuck worrying about what was and live in the here and now.[/quote]

You hit that right on the head, with the living in the past thing. Op iv been where your at, stop taking unmentionables if you have the willpower or at least try to cut
    Down a bit.

6. ^agreed on the above. I went through a period of time where I was doing some unmentionables with friends, and it got excessive. It's hard to get a grip on what's bothering you when you're doing drugs all the time - that seems obvious if you're talking about someone else. When I was doing them a lot, I definitely thought I had it under control (probably because it seemed so normal since all my friends were using them as/more frequently). Since I don't know what you're using it's hard to offer specific advice, but just try stopping for awhile; what's the harm in that? You'll be surprised by how deep the after effects of drugs can run into you're everyday well being.

Best of luck

7. Thank you guys! I'm gonna start cutting down on the other drugs and just stick to the herb. It feels really good to be assured I'm not crazy lol

8. Heard that man. Happens to me and my friends every 7-8 monthes. We just get super into a certain unmentionable for a bit and then shit gets weird. Right now I'm the only one not doing any of them and its just awkward as fuck.
    "Oh, you're all going to go into his room and...oh..ok. I'll see you in half an hour."
    Drugs have become my friends lifes and honestly it just makes me not want to hang out with them if all they are gonna do is stick something up their nose.

9. So can I just list drugs without going into great detail? For informational purposes obviously.

10. [quote name='"iWannaTreeONugs"']So can I just list drugs without going into great detail? For informational purposes obviously.[/quote]

I wouldn't, against the rules and all that...

11. oh i8, i wasnt entirely sure on how strict the rules are on that matter.

12. Wow man I think many people can relate to you on this subject including myself. I have learned everything must be in balance; drugs, work, friends, ect. It can be anything but the point is you start focusing on one thing more than the other it's going to effect everything either in a good way or a bad way depending on what it is. Some things can't be helped like friends changing relationships while other things can.

I just suggest cutting back or taking a month or so break. Many times I wish I had unmentionables but I dont got the money except to support buying weed haha. Some day I'll finally get my chance to do it again and since it will have been at least two years it will make the experience that much better and will only effect other aspects in my life mildly. :)

13. #14 screw head, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
    dude whatever your doing jus stop and focus on life. focus on work and your family and i promise it will all come back, your train of though your friends and you might even find a girl. i use to pop so may different pills growing up and life just went out of control and i was very alone. just recently i stopped, its almost been 2 months and ive been getting back with my old friends and can keep a conversation going for hours, when i use make things awkward & keep the room silent. jus grab your balls and go for it. dont think about it so hard, thats what makes it awkward. and stop whatever your taking, seriously. none of that shit is good for you trust me, ive been on many different "unmentionables" and ive never found one that benefits me in the long run in any way. hope that helped:D

14. [quote name='"screw head"']dude whatever your doing jus stop and focus on life. focus on work and your family and i promise it will all come back, your train of though your friends and you might even find a girl. i use to pop so may different pills growing up and life just went out of control and i was very alone. just recently i stopped, its almost been 2 months and ive been getting back with my old friends and can keep a conversation going for hours, when i use make things awkward & keep the room silent. jus grab your balls and go for it. dont think about it so hard, thats what makes it awkward. and stop whatever your taking, seriously. none of that shit is good for you trust me, ive been on many different "unmentionables" and ive never found one that benefits me in the long run in any way. hope that helped:D[/quote]

Thank you! I've felt so alone recently and it feels nice to talk to my fellow blades (my GC app quit working so I haven't been here for a while) but I can't keep a convoy going for hours, but I'm starting to be able to hold one for longer than a couple phrases. I'm done with most unmentionables, I'm gonna find myself a job, a girl, and a lot of weed :smoke:

15. It's the unmentionable's that are causing this feeling, I've also went through a phase similar too yours (with just short-term unmentionable abuse) but with a lot more complicated and fucked up detail's. I might post a story about sometime.... NEway, ya man chill on that shit. Over-indulgence hurt's friendships, families and yourself.