Discolored leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by soaringdragon, Apr 30, 2015.

1. At first the leaves curled, came back and now this.  

I did a Beetoven bomb the week prior and was told the curling was due to that, so when they recovered I thought I was out of the woods.  Now this discoloration.  (pic attached)  I've asked 3 separate growers that I know and have received 3 different "answers".  

Please note: This is on only some of my plants and the leaves feel healthy and have good retention.  

Attached Files:

2. How close is the light? Looks like bleaching or selective sulfur deficiency. 

3. Looks like the beethoven bomb was too big for your grow space and I would imagine that your plants are experiencing toxicity.  The same thing can happen to plants in areas with high smog concentrations.  I would spray the leaves down with water and some kind of oil(neem would work) to help cleanse any residual buildup and the oil should create a protective layer that will force the pesticide above it.  If you're growing in soil give a healthy watering as well to help flush out any buildup and if your using hydro/aero applications you might consider a fresh water flush.

2 other options I would consider is light bleaching as afore mentioned and also the possibility of micro nutrient deficiency.  To fix the latter I would transplant to introduce fresh organic matter and fresh nutrients as well.  This will help to balance you pH more quickly and also make sure your plants have all necessary nutrients available.  In hydro this would equate to a res change.

Any more questions please follow up.  It would be easier to help you if you included more details about your grow and setup next time.

4. Veins are staying green. Not bleaching imo. Looks like a serious lockout. Maybe magnesium

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. well said, Leaf problems are almost impossible to diagnose accurately. It's always a guess what the problem may be. With all the crap and the way we baby our plants it is almost never a deficiency or lack of water.

My question would be, "where on the plant did those leaves come from?" Are all leaves like that or just some? Are the bad leaves on top or down below the light?

otherwise, rather than trying to diagnose it, I agree with all your advice. Just fix everything. You'll never know what fix it was that corrected the problem, but your plants will be healthy. And healthy plants grow good pot. But most leaf problems bother the grower more than they bother the plant.