Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disclaimers in Signatures: Why?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Willem, Oct 20, 2010.

1. What's up with people putting stuff like this in their signatures?

photo shopped and is fictitious as
    well.

I don't see the point. Are they under the mistaken notion that it will "protect" them in some way?

Maybe a 'disclaimer' might help them explain things to their parents or grandparents, but it will in no way whatsoever protect them against law enforcement or prosecution.

Would somebody please explain it to me?

2. I've often wondered the same thing. who knows probably all different reasons:confused_2:

3. i always thought that was for jokes

4. Yeah it's almost as legally binding as "SWIM was smoking a joint..."

5. Someone Who Isn't Me

6. #7 DabsOnTheMountain, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2010
    its so the lazy cops that use sites like this and facebook and such, can't use this site to bust people. you can point to the disclaimer and say it was all a joke man, just playing around. legally speaking, it can save your ass :D even though it can't do to much really...

7. The server is in Holland anyways so there'd be no need for a disclaimer.

8. Will it protect you in court? No. Should everyone have one? No. Is it legal legitimately at all? Probably not.

That being said... anything that can be used on your side to help you if your posts should ever be attempted to use against you--whether a personal dispute, a job interview, etc--is worth it in my opinion.

So in no way am I saying that it is a surefire way to disregard anything illegal you've talked about... but if it helps you, even just a minuscule amount, then the few words are worth it.

9. thats the point. it can't save you 100% but its like the "water pipe" companies saying its for tobacco only. it can help you in the end if you get into trouble.

it is not a surefire way though, nothing is really.

10. yes. I never said anything was so I don't understand your point.

I do agree with your point about "tobacco" pipes.

11. Its just another safety net against the fuzz... Same reason Headshops can sell pipes, bongs, vaps, etc for smoking natural herbs/tobacco

I even have to put a disclaimer in my management project class paper. Last class u take before u graduate.

12. SWIM=Soft Wiener In Mouth