Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Discernable differences resulting from cessation of smoking in long-term habitual users?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by love2trip, Feb 15, 2014.

1. This question is largely aimed at long-term habitual users (i.e daily smokers) who have stopped smoking either indefitely or intermittently for several months or longer, albeit anyone is free to post their experiences.

So recently I decided to take an abeyance from blazing as I was job searching and several of the positions I was interested in applying for required mandatory pre-employment drug screening. Being a habitual daily smoker for around six years, I was rather intruigued about seeing if there would be any salient differences arising from cessation of smoking. Currently I have not smoked in about 4-5 weeks and contrary to my expectations, I have not noticed any significant difference in memory, focus, energy, etc. This got me curious as it seems rather counter-intuitive. While the effects of Marijuana are typically blow far out of proportion, one would expect to at least notice some descernable differences after smoking for so long.

Anyways, I would like some input from others who have taken a T-break after a significant period of habitual use. Did you notice any significant differences at all after you stopped smoking, and if so, what were they and how long after quitting did they manifest?

2. Daily for about 7 years, been smoking for 10. Last few years have been way to much so I'm on a dry period now. This due to drug tests and due to the fact that I want to give my brain a chance to recuperate. From my understanding, 10 years of heavy smoking is where some minor form of cognition damage could appear. From my understand this can be fully healed and mostly will be after a prolonged brake.

Irritability and joylessness is the first that comes to mind.

My memory has started becoming slightly better and that started after about 3-4 weeks. It feels like I keep seeing improvements. Energy is a lot higher, but I don't think that is due to being on a t break, more in regards to the fact that I can't control my manias which fuel me with energy. It seems like a sweat more too, but I can't really remember when that started. It is easier waking up in the mornings, but like I said, it might be due to some manic bullshit, but chances are its mixed.

Thats all I've seen so far.