disaster

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigred420, Apr 29, 2008.

1. I was screwing in my new 42 watt CFL into a light fixture that I bought with it, for some reason the fixture did not work at all when I turned it on. Then when I tried to screw it out, it became stuck, me panicing ripped the entire metal casing that was inside the fixture (destroying it in the process). I guess the fixture was wrong type of fixture because the bulb is good, I just tried it in my lamp fixture and it is a beauty. I figure that I am just going to take out a fixture in a lamp I have around the house and just use that in my growbox.

I decided to use a 42watt CFL instead of my 400 watt MH because the MH would be overkill for the size enclosure I am building at the moment and they are much safer.

2. That sucks, but hardly a disaster, sounds like you have an easy fix.
    At least you didnt get electrocuted, now that woulda been bad. Ive had that happen before :(

3. That fixture is now 20 dollars down the tubes, now I can only use the brim reflector thing that came with it.

4. Wow, expensive. Well, live and learn i guess.

5. anony since your the growing moderator....would my 42 watt CFL be good enough for two plants?

6. 1 CFL light for two plants wont last very long. Their proper penetration length is only a few inches.

7. alright thanks