Disaster!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by iAMtheLiquor, Apr 25, 2008.

1. I need big time help. I need one question with one answer. When is the absolute latest I can put a strain in the ground outdoor in CT , USA, and have it produce a good enough yeild? If strain matters , then tell me the strain.

I went to my plot today and some animal had eaten 3 of the 7 Paradise Seeds, Magic Bud. The ones that remained were amazing in size and health for thier age. I imagine those remaining `will be gone by the time I visit tomorrow.

I am buying and installing a fence immediately as I wake up tomorrow. I am furious with myself. I knew this was a possibility, but they have only been in the ground 5 days, I figured I had enough time still to get the fence up.

Please guys help, answer that question.

2. ....that same shit happened to me last yr, i'll definately be ready this year

3. Damn that sucks man, the absolute latest is June, you are good. The plants will be smaller if planted in June obviously but still just as potent.

4. that sucks bro when ever i go back to my plants (a few times a week) i piss all around them and i havnt had any probs yet

5. Thank you Underpantsman, you seem to be the only one who wanted to answer the question. I appriciate it, and sorry for the negative tone, I am just rip shit pissed.

I plan to have a new set in the gorund in 20 days, making that Mid May, but still not too happy about that. I will fucking slaughter any animal I see even while I am walking to my site and hang it on a branch for all to see. I am not a violent person, but mess with my favorite thing in the world (money) and my second favorite (pot), and you are looking at a different person.

GC rocks, thanks for everything guys.

6. Right on bro, it sucks, been through it many times. I deal with some ghetto deer in one of my favorite spots, its right next to town and they aren't afraid of anything. Just keep on plugging away at it, you will be fine with a May start.

Did you check out the other ones left yet? Are they ok? Paradise Seeds are nice, and a decent amount of money.

Good Luck, hope the ones left are alright.

7. For anyone following this thread, I went back to my plot today and covered it in deer repellant as well as some homemade concoction of garlic and other quite oderous herbs. Hopefully it will keep the deers away until tonight when I put up a 4 foot high fence around the entire perimeter. I am ordering 5 more seeds from Flying Dutchman Seedbank I beloeve tomorrow or Monday.

I am sorry for the mass hysteria at first, it was not damaged as badly as I thought, but we all know how much we hate seeing ANYTHING go wrong with our plants.Well, I will keep posted, but I believe this grow will work out just fine. No worries.

8. If they were damaged and survive they will usually grow back twice as strong man. Call it low stress training(LST) done by a deer:smoke:

9. hey ive been doing the same thing. 8 out of my 10 seeds have been ripped up by some sort of animal, and i decided it was time to make a cage. i also put in some chili powder and garlic to keep the snails out. heres what it looks like

[​IMG]

and the chili powder....
    [​IMG]

10. I just got back installing a very very serious fence on my grow site. I did it at night time which was sooo difficult, but I will show you pictures asap. No fucking animals are ever seeing my plants face to face ever again. I also put some very scary animal pupets in my plot to scare away anything rabbit sized or smaller. You guys will be proud.

I am ordering 5 more fem seeds on Monday, any suggestions? It will be from the doctor for sure.

11. No questions although I would love to see this fence.

12. What kind of scary animal pupets? lol

13. one of the plots i chose to grow is the site of a 3-4 animal coyote den, i give them props for keeping the deer away for me:hello:

14. Hey guys,

I noticed a couple of you are interested in seeing my fence. I should be going to the site today or possibly tomorrow at the latest. I promise I will get a bunch of pictures of the fence as well as the plants to show you guys. I think you guys will be impressed with the work I have put in.

Can't wait to share!

Later.

15. dude im pretty sure deer can easily jump a 5 ft fence

16. This is true , they certianly can. It has been well documented that any fence of 8ft or lower will not absolutely keep deer out. I did design the fence though to give almost no running start possibilities for these animals. Unless they can jump that high standing still, which maybe they can, I believe my crop will be safe.

Will have pictures more than likely tomorrow. You gusy can tell me what you think after.

17. something that worked for me last year, (which was my first grow) was using fishing line. I set it up around my plants hanging about 2.5 ft in the air. I accidently spooked a deer towards my plants when going back there and the deer ran into the line and just stopped and refused to go through the fishing line. it was nuts.

18. ...it's true deer can jump that high, but will they? think about it, they're not going to jump that fence to go get 5 plants when they could just walk around it, any fence 4 to 5 ft or higher will do the job fine.

19. Thanks for the support guys, I truely believe you guys will find my fence perfectly suitable once you get to see it. I also have products sprayed all over the area that are made to keep deers away as well as some home made mixes like Garlic powder and stuff like that.