Disabled Veteran's Personal Use Grow Room - Spot Check My Homework?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by White4Gulf, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Thank you for your support. It is a privilege to serve.

I appreciate the honesty. I don't want to have unrealistic expectations. If I get anything usable out of my first few grows, I will consider it a success. What would you do differently? More room? I have to insulate the building and I can wall off a section of it instead of tents?

2. I definitely set my bar pretty high, I was hoping for 2 pounds when I started this, but I don't honestly see it happening. I've made a lot of mistakes and such, as all new growers do. I'm still hoping I get at least a pound. If I don't, I'm fairly certain my wife will leave me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If height is a concern, would SCROG be a suitable method for you?

4. The advantage to the tents is so you can more easily control an enclosed environment, as far as temps and humidity etc. It's way easier to manage 2x 5x5 closed spaces than an entire outbuilding like that.

5. I sincerely appreciate the kind words. I'll check out Ethos. I don't see any reason not to have backups and "experimental" strains ready to go.

6. Anyways, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for your service, and wish you well on your grow. If you end up using any Quantum Boards I would be happy to make recommendations. Best of luck to you my good sir!

7. Would it be less controllable to 2x4 frame, r30 fiber insulate, 1/2" plywood, around my different grow areas, instead of tents? Insulated outbuilding, with insulated grow rooms built inside?

8. Honestly I think going with tents are cheaper than fabricating individual rooms. I would just make sure the outter walls of the structure are as insulated as possible and keep going with tents personally. Especially if you're not in a legal state.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My 2nd grow was scrog for all 4 plants and yes, it does help tremendously but, I still ended up having to supercrop 2 weeks into flower on one plant and LSTd the hell out of the rest and chopping them down a bit more during flower than I should have ever done. Grow 3 is the learning result of the prior two. It's still experimental and I'm still trying to find my groove but, I'll be using the manifold method to keep them short as possible and combining it with LST as necessary but without scrog.

• Informative Informative x 1

10. QB's intimidate me, both in complexity and price. If you believe it worth a beginners time to skip HID lighting, PM me and I'd love to discuss.

11. Absolutely cheaper. $100 won't buy the plywood.

12. As a beginner who went straight to china LEDs and very quickly found out they are a waste of money, I absolutely believe in QBs. Anyone who I've spoken to that wants to get into it, I try to talk them into QBs, I was really intimidated myself when I first saw them, but once you get one hooked up, you become a salesman screaming it from the mountain tops lol. The money you would save by not using HID is staggering. Not to mention the heat that they produce. So they run your power bill up like a crazy sumbitch, and they create a shitload of heat.

Some people's solution is to run the heat out their window, okay that's great. Now you have a stream of hot air being vented out a window which is clearly visible on a FLIR. With QBs, even if you get say a QB304 like I have, they do run very warm, however if you put a little table top fan on them, you're golden.

13. From one combat vet to another. You are definitely going the right route in growing your own.

Having said that. Are you growing for just you or starting a business? Because your going to have a hell of
    an operation with the setup your talking about.

14. Spray foam insulate it and call it a day.

15. Thank you for your service.

With the operation Im talking, 1 lb every 2 months, will be supporting just me.

Grunt Math:
    I currently smoke an oz a week.
    8 wks = 8 oz.
    Edibles and concentrates sound fun, amd it takes a lot to make them. 1/2oz per batch of brownies and 6:1 flower to concentrates and I'd like to make a batch a month.
    We are up to 10oz
    6 oz = 1 oz of concentrates.

1 lb

Also, spray foam seems more expensive and messier than fiber rolls.

16. Thank God I'm a cheap date. A half will last me a month easy. There'll be plenty to go around when I'm done!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I also only smoke to cure insomnia, I'm not a functional smoker at all :p

• Funny Funny x 1

18. You smoke an oz a week?! Well this 0311 says holy shitballs!! Yeah there is no doubt you will save a shit ton of money growing your own. Despite making cheech look like an amateur.

And spray foam is more expensive, yep pretty easy to spray in, has a very high R value, and won't degrade like fiber rolls. Probably pays for itself quick considering your room is a separate little shed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Is that a lot?

I hate math

.75g/bowl....
    2 bowls to get stoned....
    28/oz
    1.5g/smoke sesh
    18 seshes
    /7 days
    Approx 2 smoke seshs a day. ?

20. Didn't you say youre growing GG?