DirtyViperMan's In ground Organic grow Durban Poison

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by DirtyViperMan, May 15, 2011.

1. Ah that makes a lot of sense. My base is mostly compost (peat moss is just to expensive though I did throw some in it). Don't the micro-organisms contribute to keeping the soil moist longer also? I even used some bags of the same soil I used last year and it is holding moisture much better also so that's why I ask.

Conventional/organic system? How does that work I am kind of lost. I am assuming you are not talking about salt nutrients. I have fed them a high guano tea if that is what you are talking about. Along with hydrolyzed fish, silca, kelp, ect.

2. Yes, the Microbes can and will help increase water holding ability, but that water is not necessarily plant available water. As far as your soil holding water better this year, it could be the size of pots your using, it could be a new amendment you add, hell it could just be the soil company changed its recipe.

Yes, indeed i am speaking of using a Sodium based fertilizers and conventional pesticides while doing other organic practices, like adding compost, manure, cover cropping, minimum till or no till. Feeding them Guano, hydrolyzed fish, kelp, silica is all keeping it entirely organic.

3. damn this is hella sexy OP

4. The girls where to the top of the fence today when I arrived. After the last pruning of the year they are back down to 5 feet or so, and then after tying them down further they are to a respectable 4 feet tall. There is a solid 10 feet of Cannabis plants back there now, the two have started growing into each other. It has really cut down on the weeding that I was doing previously. For all my outdoor growers congratulation you have made to the half way point, your girls are heading into the stretch phase, no more topping, or prune can be down without damage to yield.

Picture three is neck level!!!:hello:

Attached Files:

5. Dude, you're making my grow look sub-par!
    They look amazing.
    There's a lot of info in this thread, it should def get more traffic. I have a feeling when your's really start budding this place is gonna get kind of busy, if not there's something wrong with GC.

stay up dude, talk to or see you later.

6. Might have been answered already but why the fencing around em do u got deer in there or

7. Fencing is because there is a spastic dog that some times visits the house. Also it is convenient to tie to.

8. Oh lol that makes perfect sense I was thinkin about it bein good to tie too but figured there had to be some other reason lol I'm likin what u got goin man props for sure

9. Thanks man I do what I can. It is all in the cover crops and soil amendments, don't replace your soil improve it, that what I always say.

10. Wow man, what a great journal. Looks fuckin fantastic. DP is my favorite strain so this is a real treat. Im outdoor in cali too and want to know sowing dates you use and how you start your crops (indoor/outdoor) and the process you go through to put them into the ground. I haven't been able to read up much on this topic so any help is appreciated.

From what i kno, the its a good idea to get them going good in earlier april under some solid cfl lighting and bring em out around may 1ish?

This journal is also awesome because im planning a complete diy soil build/water w/ molasses-and-teas-only-grow.What are you're favorite amendments that you have experience with?

Lastly, what exactly comprises your top matter? I would guess something along the lines of sawdust, straw, wood chips?

I realize this is a lot of questions but this grow just looks too good to let that knowledge not go around :D

11. The biggest help is only starting from seed, my seed plants are 4x-5x larger then all my clone plants.
    I put 40 seeds into 1 gallon pots around Feb. 1 or so outside. Then I left them all alone. Only watering them when they need it. The trick is not to help them, I let snails, leaf mines, thrips, spider mites, cold, all select the weak ones for me and kill them off. It is extremely difficult to bring plants from inside to out, if you don't live up the indoor light schedule with the outdoor light schedule they will just start to flower.

I have messed around with every conceivable amendment that you can buy or make. My personal favorites are Bio Char, Rock Phosphate, Green Sand, Gaias Rock dust, Alfalfa meal or fresh( I grow Alfalfa for fertility purposes.) Agri Sulfur, compost, and many types of manure. Bat guano are not cost effective, may use a little to make a tea, but I have moved away from exotic fertilizers. If I can not get my soil amendments for under $15 a yard or 99 cents a lb I won't bother with them.

Organic Fertilizers | Soil Test Kits | Composting | Soil Amendments | Soil Inoculants

The layers of soil break down as such, first well amended heavy clay soil, then a 5 inch layer of stall manure, 6 inches of organic compost, 3 inch layer of alfalfa straw, 4 inch layer of Chinchilla bedding which is straw, wood chips, manure, and some volcanic dust.

12. Quick update, The girls have begun the stretch phase, can see the internodes elongate now.

Attached Files:

13. Nice update buddy. You're lucky to be legal.

14. Looking good dude:D

15. Yeah, this Journal is just of those four I got another 24 plants else where, some are roughly the same size, some are much smaller. I will never bother growing clones outside ever again, only seed from this year on. If you guys are interested I could through up a few pictures of them on here as well. It is nice being legal, and my plant limit is 42 plants. Plus I got a couple peoples cards so I could easily and legally grow up to 90 plants.

16. Heres my back yard, The littles ones are part of my breeding project, I germed, 50 Durban PoisonX Elephant and 50 Inbreed F4 Elephant. I picked the best 10 from each. Which was really easy, I let the slugs, snails and sun pick them for me.

The Big plants are DPxEle, TrainwreckXEle, F2 Inbreed Ele, and the small ones in the pots are the clones of Durban Poison, Raspberry Kush, Trainwreck.

Attached Files:

17. Next, post from my home in pot garden.
    1.DPxEle the post is 6 feet tall, only 3 inches deep in soil, and the pot the plant is in is 18 inches tall. 2. Trainwreck clone 3.Durban Poison 4. TrainwreckX Ele 5.Group shot6 Breeds 7 Full group shots. I will get some pics of the in ground girls soon.

Attached Files:

18. Very very nice. I would move the plants apart more if you got room they are getting way huge.

19. #39 DirtyViperMan, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
    [quote name='yoctown']Very very nice. I would move the plants apart more if you got room they are getting way huge.[/QUO

Moving them apart would help nothing, even if more light was to hitting the sides there is nothing there to grow. I have pruned out about 60-70% of the lower grow tips, this will help produce better size and visual quality and a lot less gram or less buds.

I haven't done this to the clones because of the failure to compete.

20. Plants are looking perfect. And I prune a lot of my bottom branches as well but am a bit timid about taking off some that may still be half-gram nugs