Dirt

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pacmans.toking, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Would using a mixture of soil and cocos be about as good as perlite and soil

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not sure if you are asking for a starter mix or a vegetative mix,but i will give you a badass starter mix

well not really a mix per se but here it goes.

go to walmart or any baitshop and but maybe 2 boxes of nightcrawlers. dump the worms out and seperate them from the soil they came in. Do what you want with the worms (compost perhaps?) and use the soil you collected to plant your seeds in. My plants LOVE it

hope i helped!

3. lol never thought about using the dirt bait comes in....and op the purpose of the perlite is for better drainage, i havent used coco so idk how it well it drains/retains water but i imagine it retains it more than it would let it drain.....

4. The dirt the worms came in contains castings. Probably not too much, but like i said my plants love it

5. Ya if u do that build a box out of wood and put the worms in some new dirt and recycle the worms get more castings I have fox forms soil it already has earthworm and bat castings I was just wondering for vege I put some cocos in the bottom then layered soil and coco the rest of the way. My plants seem to like It I know roots like coco I was wondering if id have problems holding to much water in the flowering stage

6. I dont think they retain as much water as just dirt I was hopeing the layers would be a good spot for air transfer and I know in hydro how much the roots grow around the coco and how thick they get idk im just trying something new that I haven heard of anyone doing just wondering what others think

7. you should mix some up and water it just to see how it goes that way you will know before you plant. seema like a swell idea though.

8. Ya there already in it and have been for 3 weeks it appears to be good I was just wondering if it could cause problems later in flowering