directly into soil or root blocks?

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ClydeWalters, Nov 22, 2018.

1. just wondering if i should put my germinated lowryder #2 seeds into root cubes and into a seedling dome? or should i plant them directly into their 2 gallon pots? i hear direct planting can allow for less stunting and stress

2. If you don't over water and don't subject them to too much light energy (heat/intense light) off the bat, and you can keep humidity in the air, and the pots from getting cold you should be ok to go with pots. If it feels like the local professional greenhouse, you're in the zone and should be fine
    My latest grow is a direct plant into 1 gallon pots and they are doing quite well. Compact little bushes with thick stocks and tight internodes.

That all said, maintaining an ideal environment on a cloning/propagation tray is quite easy.

3. room stays at 75 minimum but usually 78-80F. and im using a 265 true watts LED light, which i should keep how far from the seedling do you think? (theres no IR in this light)

4. so the light has been metered at 265 im trying to say

5. I'm not an expert on LEDs and wattages, mine are tiny little 19W veg models to just get them going. Maybe keep it up a foot plus for the first day or two, but I would think they don't radiate as much heat as HID.

With my little 19W LED bars, as soon as they popped out the soil I had them within about 6" of the sprout. As they took I brought them right down to about 2" for a week then onto my HID Metal Halide.

6. yea theres zero heat from my light

7. You should be good then.

The temps sound good. Keep it nice and humid.

Should be good once the leaves start forming to bring it down
    My LEDs are like that with no heat, but I wasn't sure how that size would be.

8. their very efficient bridgelux leds. 5W each but theres 60 of them, from 2.5ft up it measures 265W at the bottom of the tent. but for very early seedling stage i'll keep it at a foot. when it gets it firsts leaves... im dropping the light to keep the plants short and bushy ^_^

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aaaah OK. Yeah I think you'll be OK then. I had mine under 1000W after about 2 weeks. Dialed down for a few days, now cranked out. Doing good too. Gonna be tight little bushes

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

10. Soak for 24 hours in 1:100 ful-power to water, then plant right into the soil.

11. ive already paper toweled/tupperwared them ontop of my PS4