direct sunlight

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by jimmy_jimmy, Mar 31, 2005.

1. How much direct sunlight do y'all look for in a day? I have found a nice secluded place to grow with good soil, but it will only get a couple hours of direct light a day. Good light for the rest of the day, but indirect. Does this sound like enough? Are there some strains that might do better in such a lighting situation?

2. definition of full day sun = 6 hrs.

mj wants full day sun.

ur plot gets less than that.

i would expect the plants to be smaller than full sun plants. 3 hrs a day is not many and might really have an effect on the growth. but its worth a try eh?

3. grew early skunk in a spot that got maybe 1 hour of direct light. Yield was ok but lower than I expected, the plant stretching, but potency was great even harvesting 2-3 weeks early. With the right strain you should do OK. The more sun the better though!

Join the Cause. Plant a seed. Spread the Word!

4. I have read that outdoor plants need 5 hours of direct sunlight a day (preferrably morning sunlight). If you choose to do this grow the only dif. may be that they wont get as big as normal with optimal sunlight. I suggest any strain that you might like to smoke :D
    Piney