Direct sunlight.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WBAStoney, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Is 7 hours of direct sunlight from 11am to 6pm?

"Nor-Cal"

2. haha what do mean..r u asking is 11-6 enough direct sunlight .or does 11-6 equal 7 hours lol..but 7 hours is pretty good and will be sufficeint

3. You should be fine might just get smaller plants. I need to hope my fence and cut down my neighbors trees. Getting some shade should help when temp get to normal. It's been cool here lately in NorCal. I can't complain it's been nice.

4. That will do fine, and they can get huge with that amount, I get 7-9 hours of light in my plot and I usually average a pound a plant, I do get alot of filtered light but trust me that will do fine, morning sun is said to be better than afternoon sun though.

5. Yeah I miss typed. Question was it enough? Sounds like that's enough. If I moved them just one time per day to get two more hours of direct is it worth it? Their in 5 gallon buckets and I use foxfarm soil and foxfarm grow big.

6. And started them 3 weeks ago as rooted 8in clones.

7. i think morning sun is prefered only in mildew prone areas, as it dries any condesation from the previous night. but i could be fos :wave:

8. I am in the same position .. hope all ends well .

9. 7 hours is plenty of light. That's pretty much the exact times I get light and my plants are getting huge! Bigger than I ever expected.

If you can get a couple extra hours if light....DO IT! I have several flowering clones that I bring out in the day and in at night to force flowering. I have one that I chose to be my special favorite and I give it more attention moving it around to get light. It's too much with to move them all around all day. Anyway, the one I move around to get more light is head and tails above the rest. It looks like its about 2 weeks more advanced than its siblings.

10. The more light the better but once temps rise over 85 the plants growth is slowed.

11. [quote name='"Kronicly Insane"']The more light the better but once temps rise over 85 the plants growth is slowed.[/quote]

I don't know if that's really true for outdoors. Indoors plants usually can't get enough CO2 to handle the heat but outdoors they get tons of fresh air and shouldn't be effected. July/August are the hottest months and also when most of us see out biggest growth spurts. Partly due to the initiation of flowering, but still. I haven't seen my plants slow down any in the heat. The screen I added to my purple diesel has made it really obvious how mush my plant is growing each day and on the hottest days she was growing like mad. But I'm sure every strain is different as is every climate. It's gotten up to 106 here this year in my area.

12. 5 gallon buckets should be ok too?

13. Yeah for this late I the season, 5 gallon buckets should be OK. Not ideal, but OK. The bigger the roots can spread, the happier the plant will be and the more it will yield. But you don't have a whole lot of veg time so the 5 gallons should do ya.

14. When would you say the latest I can put clones outside? Thanks for the great answers by the way.

15. June/July should be the latest you should plant MJ ... giving it atleast 1-2 months to vegg..

Also depends on where your at the latitude and what not ... Im still not sure when plants

flower outdoors... Many people say different things...

16. Nor cal east bay.

17. [quote name='"WBAStoney"']When would you say the latest I can put clones outside? Thanks for the great answers by the way.[/quote]

Clones can go out as late as August and still yield something but it won't be a lot. Clones don't need any veg time unlike seeds. They can be flowered right away so all they need is 2-3 solid months of good weather to flower. The only problem with no veg time is tiny plants. But tiny plants are better than no plants!

18. If I put some more out Monday in 5 gallon buckets now howuch would you say I'll yield per plant with great whether, nutes, and soil? Here in Cali.

19. 3 oz per? I use all foxfarm nuts and soil with a lot of perlite.

20. Depends you could get a half you could get a few ounces it depends on direct sunlight, weather, strain, ect.