dipping buds in water after harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cptngreen, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ive seen videos online of people dipping their buds in water after they harvest? is this a good thing to do or should I just throw that idea away?

2. I washed off my buds because I had mites. It didn't kill the mites but the weed is smooth(all the mites died in the drying process)

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. did you like dip them in water?

4. Yeah I had a bucket I filled up with water

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I've done it.. It was a 3 step process.. I don't really remember it, but google bud washing and you should find it.

I had a pretty bad powdery mildew problem, and some bud rot pre harvest (we had a very usually hot and humid summer and I was growing outdoors). I managed to save 2 plants and harvested them early. One I washed, one I did not. I cut away considerably more mold on the one I didn't wash. I also noticed the one i did wash had a much cleaner taste.

This being said, if you're growing indoors (no bird shit, bugs, dirt) and have no mold problems I really can't see much of a benefit. Try it on some and not the rest and try for yourself.

Edit: I should note the reason why it helped prevent mold from spreading was because one bucket had baking soda in it.