Dip N Grow problem (clone)

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Trancerman, Feb 9, 2006.

1. My friend and I decided to take clones of his mother plant on its way out (strain I believe was NLxbigbud, I know Bigbud is a bitch to clone but let's see)..

We dipped the clones in the dip n grow Softwood solution for 5 seconds then transfered them to party cups filled with a peat/perlite seed starter mix. We also lined the bottom of the dome with semi damp perlite(for humidity). It gets pretty cold during the nights so we also use a heating pad under the dome from time to time.

It's been 10 days and no root =\...can anybody help us to see where we went wrong?

2. btw...the tops of the plants in the dome are about 12 inches under the light which is a 72w shoplight and we leave it on 24/0.

3. HIGH All, hey Trancerman how ya doing? Some strains take longer than others and some just don't take to cloning....hope yours is the just the takes longer one...shit I've had clones that took upto 2 1/2 weeks. How are they looking after 10 days...still green? Have you been misting them?

4. no misting, we've been told to not because it actually takes longer. I just realized that we didn't even put water in the seed starter mix :eek:...but yeah they are still green. I know many would advice against this but we just re dipped them using 10x dilution instead of 20x..also put some water in the mix lol.

Back in the dome :rolleyes:

5. Hye man, I use Dip N grow myself and it hasn't ever failed me in the past.

Make sure you keep them in humidity. dont mess with them, only to air out dome for 10 minutes a day. they should be rooted soon, have patience.

A tip with the dip N grow, i diluted SLIGHTLY more with water, and let them sit in the solution a bit longer.. 1 minute tops though.

6. I HAVE GROWN BIG BUD FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS. aND IT CAN BE CLONED, BUT IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG AS MANY OTHER STRAINS. I HAVE PUT DIFFERENT STRAINS IN MY EZCLONER AND GRO-CLONER AND BIG BUD WAS ALWAYS THE LAST TO ROOT OUT. ROOTS DONT EVN SHOW UNTIL ABOUT 10-14 DAYS. I CANT EVEN IMAGINE TRYING TO CLONE WITH ROOTIN GEL IN SOIL NOT TO SAY IT CANT BE DONE, BUT THE L;ACK OF AERATION MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT. GOOD LUCK!!