Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Tea?, Oct 28, 2009.

1. I was just sitting here and for some reason dinosaurs popped into my head and I started to wonder how we know what they actually sounded like. I mean you always hear kids making noises depicting raptors or even movies with dinosaurs making the same noises.
    Anyone know?

2. we cant actualy do this but
    in one of the jurassic park movies they used computers and shit to reconstitute the vocal systems of a raptor
    that gave them a kind of horn thing that they would blow through
    and that made a sound they used to comunicate with the raptors

this dosnt really answer your question
    but your question reminded me of this:smoke:

3. #3 Shakezula, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2009
    well in jurassic park 3 (not that good of a movie IMO) they scanned that part of the velociraptor and made a model or whatever and when dr grant blew thru it, it made a noise like a raptor. Im pretty sure that wouldnt work in real life tho, but who knows.

sorry if i didnt explain that very well im a lil fucked up right now. but yeah wouldnt it be hilarious if a t-rex actually just barked like a dog or something?

-edit- damn, beaten on the JP3 thing haha

4. Science. Some eggheads study this shit and based on shit like the shape of the skull and some other biological bullshit they imagine what it might have sounded like.

5. they sounded like this

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR

6. [​IMG]

7. Lol at everyone talking about Jurassic park. :p

8. ....dayumm she got it in the back and in the front

9. lmfao im in class and im dying of laughter at the moment.

10. i retract my statment
    this guys got it

11. They made up Godzilla's original noise by rubbing a rubber glove on a rubber-band and listening to the reverberations, and then tweaking them.

So my bet is that Dinosaur noises probably got made up by something just as abstract. Someone probably heard their cat yacking up a furball and thought to themselves, "Based on acoustics alone, it would seem as though I'm in the mystical time before mammals walked the earth, because that noise cannot be interpreted in any other way than what a Dinosaur would sound like."

I bet'cha.

12. ^^^pretty sure mammals were around when dinosaurs were
    but dont quote me on that

13. Don't mind the details. You get what I'm saying.

But then again, it could be based on their necks and/or skulls and/or mouth structure, lung capacity, size of muscles in certain areas, to determine vocal chord size/strength, and determine what they sounded like from there.

14. they sounded like this:

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/roor_water_bong_3.2_red_3_piece.jpg

!

15. You know Tyrannosaurus rex are related to chickens, i shit you not. They prolly sounded like overgrow savage ass birds just squawking/roaring at you from across the jungle. I'd be one scared little dinosaur

16. Jesus, I just got a picture of T-Rex shouting "BAWK BAWK BAWK!" through a prehistoric jungle.

17. Lol i know right? Thatd be hella weird

18. I would love to hear a dinosaur make that sound.

phbrlphblphbrlphblrphbl - really fast

19. everyone knows dinosaurs dont roar,they just say hey
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4]YouTube - Hey![/ame]

20. amazing :laughing: