DinaFem White Widow 8 Weeks into Flower. When to chop???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KushKing00, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Will the trichs change that much during the 48 hour dark period?

2. Bump!!! Anyone?!!

3. Just sub'd this thread since I'm growing WW too (my first grow, so I definitely can't answer your question). Hope my girls look like yours some day. Nice work bro.

4. Quoted from the seed bank, its on mostly all of the white widow seeds.

5. #25 KushKing00, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2012
    ^^^ ive read that plenty of times before and honestly it doesn't help much. They are just giving you more of a guideline...something to base yourself off of.

Just took a small sample bud from the lower half of the plant.

Hanging it now :)

Attached Files:

6. yeah and your time is up and done lol, your plant is def done, cut her all down.

7. #27 KushKing00, Aug 23, 2012
    lol I don't wanna be too quick on the trigger now lol everyday that it goes unchopped will only make it that much better from the day before.

I checked the trichs and there's definitely some ambers here and there. Maybe about 95% cloudy and 5% amber.

I laid a layer of ice on the soil tonite when I watered to help bring out some colors in it and signal that winters approaching and to hurry the f#&% up and finish lol

My prediction as of this very moment is i'm gunna let her go for another 5 days which will be day 70, and 10 weeks flowering. And then give it 48-72 hours in the dark before I chop. This prediction can obviously change at any time. But for now I think I'm gunna rough it out for about another week.

I just think of White Widow and I think stonnneeeddd...so that's what i'm aiming for or close to it ;):D:wave::smoke:

8. Plus, I've always still got the Purple Haze if I'm looking for that "up, heady" high. I'll probably do her 2 week pre-harvest flush the day I chop the white widow.

Purple Haze is getting big. Main cola alone is the size of one of those 16oz water bottles lol

Just still wayyyyyyyy too many white hairs...Best part though is I don't even think she's started to really swell yet. Not like they do the last two weeks at least :)

9. #29 KushKing00, Aug 23, 2012
    First day hanging and the bud is holding her smell well. Left all the fan and sugar leafs on. Gunna check it tonite and if there's any crispiness to it I'll take off the fan leafs and most sugar leafs and throw it in brown bags. Then manicure them completely, then into a small jar :)

10. Bummmmmmppppppp :)

11. Why are you bumping? You chopped right? Nothing to do now but dry and cure.

12. Didn't chop. I took a sample. I thought I explained my plan of attack on the rest of the plant and was looking for opinions on how others felt and also looking for anyone else's opinion that may have grown this strain or WW in gereral...:wave:

13. Got one that's entering week 10. Gonna throw her into darkness tomorrow for 5 days before harvest at day 70. Got her flushed twice with the sledge 3 days ago and again today. This is an Auto White Widow, however.

Attached Files:

• WW1.jpg
      WW1.jpg
      File size:
      145 KB
      Views:
    • WW2.jpg
      WW2.jpg
      File size:
      188.2 KB
      Views:
  14. Looks good!!!

How are the trichs looking??

15. #35 SivineDativa, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2012
    I took a look at one of the middle sugar leaves and I saw about 80-90% cloudy and the other clear. I could not find one amber, but those could be on the buds. I think they should be all cloudy by the time it's done in the dark. They do mature in the dark, correct? I saw something about increased resin production with putting white strains in darkness for the last 5 days.

EDIT: Just took a tiny bit of a nug and it was about 90% cloudy, 5% amber, 5% clear. Definitely ready for darkness tomorrow! Hopefully I'll be ready for some dankness in another 3-4 weeks :)

16. How much did you get off the white widow auto?

17. [quote name='"quedinero"']How much did you get off the white widow auto?[/quote]

Pulled an ounce. Its not an auto.

EDIT: oops just realized you weren't talking about mine lol