Dinafem Cheese Auto Single Plant CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Cheesed, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I started a little project plant to see who finishes first, my main kids or this one. I have it at 2 days above ground in a 5 gal bucket under one 68W (300W) cfl bulb. I may add some reflective sheeting and air flow at some point in the near future, however high maintenance is not even close to my goal for this plant.

No photos just yet, all it looks like is a healthy 2 day old plant. I will be giving full grow and smoke reports throughout this side journal so pull up a seat.

(Ok I guess there is one photo?)

Attached Files:

2. About one week in and looking wonderful. I watered with 1/8 strength chicken fertilizer and gave it a little top dress to help the starter pot degrade.

ForumRunner_20120630_131944.png

3. Something like a week and a a half old maybe... I'm not keeping too close track.

ForumRunner_20120703_181956.png

4. Aging wonderfully, just gave it some more fertilizer too.

ForumRunner_20120706_191038.png
    ForumRunner_20120706_191109.png

Picked up some ONA Gel today too, I've heard cheese is a stinker rivaled by few.

5. Did some adjustments and added 138w more cfl for a total of 206w cfl, appearing how 900w of what incandescent would give off.

ForumRunner_20120710_201351.png

6. Subbed, can't wait for my cheese seeds to get here.

7. [quote name='"SmokenSomeGreen"']Subbed, can't wait for my cheese seeds to get here.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by. Should start to see some real nice growth here soon.

8. I just did a single direct in a five gallon. Grows amazingly though I am using a 400w. Good luck man I did the cfl thing first but since I got the hid I could never go back.

9. [quote name='"d34th"']I just did a single direct in a five gallon. Grows amazingly though I am using a 400w. Good luck man I did the cfl thing first but since I got the hid I could never go back.[/quote]

How did it turn out for you?

I'm just waiting to finish this grow before I grab my hid. Going with a 600w hps.

10. #10 Cheesed, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2012
    Just wanted to point out that it's only 2 weeks and 2 days above ground and I'm seeing pre flowers already.

Edit: I went out and got a cheap timer for this plant. Now it will get 16/8 instead of 14/10 or 13/11 like it had been getting. That said, it may be my fault that I'm seeing pre flowers on day 16. Even if it is a femmed autoflower.

11. You should check out my link and tell me wat you think I'm in week 2 of flowerand I definitely have prominent bud sites

12. Not bad at all. Yours look about the same as mine do, they aren't too far apart really. I threw the 300w cfl in with the big ones to try increasing the light factor a bit. Can't wait to see how I do with HID lighting.

13. Started LST on this plant roughly 36 hours ago. Mixed reports on LST and autoflowers but I'm trying it anyway. So far so good except that I've noticed some bugs making themselves known. I don't want to use a chemical pesticide and don't know exactly what they are.

Any suggestions?

14. Snapped a pic for ya.

ForumRunner_20120714_194204.png

Day 19

15. Describe the bugs the best you can

16. Jumpy, winged, tan-ish color. No visible damages to the plant.

17. [quote name='"Cheesed"']Jumpy, winged, tan-ish color. No visible damages to the plant.[/quote]

Sounds like gnats

18. It could be, like I said I'm not sure. I thought gnats were tiny though, almost unseen.

19. [quote name='"Cheesed"']It could be, like I said I'm not sure. I thought gnats were tiny though, almost unseen.[/quote]

Gnats are tiny, but still very visible so idk.

20. yeah they are still visible especially when they are flying all over creation. they are also visible when watering and you can see the tiny tiny ones jumping in the water...but from what i hear 2 inches of sand will suffocate them if they breeding on the top layer of soil