Dinafem Blue Hash, CFL, PC Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by SpiritualPlum, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Lookin good!

2. Can I ask what lighting you're using for veg? Do you plan on switching lights for flowering?

3. For my veg I am using 68w of 6500k and 26w of 2700k, and for flowering I plan on using my 23w 6500k and 69w of 2700k.

4. [quote name='"SpiritualPlum"']

For my veg I am using 68w of 6500k and 26w of 2700k, and for flowering I plan on using my 23w 6500k and 69w of 2700k.[/quote]

Sorry just looking into lighting info before I start my first grow but wouldn't it be better if you decided to use the 69 w 2700 and the 68 w of 6500 for flowering??

5. I don't have the bulbs/sockets to do that. Right now I have one 45w 6500k, one 23w 6500k, and two 13w 2700ks in there for veg. When I get to flowering I will be buying three 23w 2700k and using my one 23w 6500k that I am already using.

6. The lightbulbs require different sockets?

7. Nope. They are all the standard socket, I just don't have enough sockets >_<

8. [quote name='"SpiritualPlum"']

I don't have the bulbs/sockets to do that. Right now I have one 45w 6500k, one 23w 6500k, and two 13w 2700ks in there for veg. When I get to flowering I will be buying three 23w 2700k and using my one 23w 6500k that I am already using.[/quote]

I'm sorry but I'm still not understanding this. So you have 4 sockets being used right now for vegging? You're using a 45w 6500 a 23w 6500 and two 13w 2700s?

9. You are correct. Then in flower I am going to switch to three 23w 2700k and one 23w 6500k.

10. #30 SpiritualPlum, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2012
    This is how she looked when I first opened the case (notice the fan leaves at 11 and 5 o'clock)

2012-08-24 10.41.37.jpg

I had no idea where to tuck the big fans, so this is what she looks like with those two fans snipped off

2012-08-24 10.52.47.jpg

I hope the new growth near the main stem and from the internodes will flourish now that it isn't under the shade of the big fans.

11. You need to raise your screen, you ahve growth just coming striaght up and thats it. You need to begin by raising the screen, then slow pulling the main stem from one square to another as it grows.

12. [quote name='"DankHerbologist"']You need to raise your screen, you ahve growth just coming striaght up and thats it. You need to begin by raising the screen, then slow pulling the main stem from one square to another as it grows.[/quote]

Elaborate on how to pull the main stem from square to square? Do I bend it back under or leave it on top but use twisty ties? What should I do with this?

ForumRunner_20120824_230922.png

And I also notice a slight color change on the tips of her fans, what's up with that?

ForumRunner_20120824_230958.png

ForumRunner_20120824_230937.png

13. I just raised her screen and just the central growth is coming through. Does this look correct?

ForumRunner_20120824_232202.png

Should I keep the two big fans underneath? And what should I do with all these little buggers when they reach the screen?

ForumRunner_20120824_232355.png

14. When it's a couple inches above the square, pull it back under gently and up to the next farthest square. I haven't had to twist tie any of them they just stay there

15. Go ahead and pull it under to the next square so it can start growing horizontal

16. #36 SpiritualPlum, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    [quote name='"DankHerbologist"']Go ahead and pull it under to the next square so it can start growing horizontal[/quote]

I really appreciate your advice, breh. You're saying I should bend her from the center square she's in now down into the next square? or would it be wise to pull her back underneath entirely and start growing laterally?

And what should I do as far as those two large fans? Would I be alright to snip them off?

Also, I hope the tiny bit of discoloration on the leaves isn't anything to be too worried about :/

17. [quote name='"SpiritualPlum"']

I really appreciate your advice, breh. You're saying I should bend her from the center square she's in now down into the next square? or would it be wise to pull her back underneath entirely and start growing laterally?

And what should I do as far as those two large fans? Would I be alright to snip them off?

Also, I hope the tiny bit of discoloration on the leaves isn't anything to be too worried about :/[/quote]

Pull her under and up into the next square really gently. The fans can just hang out under neath, only start snipping leaves when the foliage under the screen is getting too thick. I wouldn't worry about the leaves right now IMO

18. Nute burn. This site and nute burn blows
    My mind.

19. Sorry to fall behind on updates. Today is the 28th day since she first emerged from the soil :D

Since my last update, I've removed the screen (it wasn't working as well as I'd anticipated) and am just tying her down to the sides of the pot. I also switched her to 12/12 light cycle following 28 hours of darkness, so hopefully she shows her sex soon and the buds start!

Apparently it won't let me attach the picture, but I will put it up as soon as it lets me :smoke:

20. Since the last update I removed the screen and I switched her to 12/12 5 days ago.

Would I be alright to snip her bigger fan leaves? I feel like it's a waste of her energy to keep them alive, but I don't want to stress her when I snip them and cause a hermie.

Picd still won't upload.

Attached Files: