Diluted Lemon Juice on the Floor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DarkLeo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. So, I was talking to one of the local hydroponics guys about bugs and preventative measures. He said some common stuff, like changing cloths, washing hands, wearing gloves, etc. etc. Then he suggested using a diluted lemon juice spray on the ground around the pots. He said that bugs (specifically spiders) hate the acid.

Just wondering on your thoughts. Would this work, or attract more?

2. i always think its good karma when a spider graces my grow...they eat the bad guys...you could try the spray thing but seems to me it would just make stuff sticky:smoking:

3. Yeah.. leave the big spiders they are doing you a favor by showing up to the party, kinda like having a bouncer... (Unless they are building giant webs in your canopy, then toss them outside) Spiders got a bum rap. They are ugly, but they are really one of the best insects on the planet.

kill spider mites.

As far as the lemon juice thing goes.. thats what pyrethrum is for. I set off a fogger usually in the first week of flowering. It pretty much nukes anything in the room... Including the spiders... its derived from flowers and harmless if you do it early.