Dilated blood vessel

Discussion in 'General' started by Amped, Dec 17, 2012.

1. I'm pretty pissed, a month or so ago I thought I had strep throat but apparently it was a viral infection, I still have it apparently and doctors can't do shit. Ever since then the blood vessel at my temple on one side of my head is constantly bigger, sometimes it'll go down almost back to normal but not often. Every doctor I go to has nothing to say to me and just tells me "it's normal", but how the fuck can it be normal if it just suddenly got like that one day and hasnt been the same since?

Has this happened to anybody else, or does anybody know what this could be from? It's ugly as fuck too lol, and now every time I get high I don't really enjoy it if im by myself cause i'm all paranoid about my body.

2. yo dawg, you got cancer

3. Probably not the best place to ask for medical advice tbh.

4. Is it only when you smoke?
    Weed is a vasodialator, so your veins may get a little bigger allowing more bloodflow.

On the other hand if your really biggies size you could have hypertension or somethig of the sort, esp if your on drugs for your ailment that could cause it.

5. #5 CanadianLady420, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
    Most viral infections, we can't do shit.

I have heard of that blood vessel dialting d/t stress (maybe because you're sick).

Regardless, it is not normal to have that vessel pounding.

You need to go back and tell your doctor you're concerned because it's abnormal FOR YOU. Especially if you're getting headaches. He should be monitoring your BP and making sure your vessels aren't vasodialating systemically.

*High BMI, Decreased Activity, Stress, Smoking, Foods high in sodim will increase your BP

6. Thing is I don't get headaches at all really, and my blood pressure is always basically perfect. Since every doctor I go to just says it's normal, I was thinking of asking my family doctor to see a neurologist.

A few weeks ago I was a bit high and noticed it was HUGE, felt what I would describe as a "pop" then went light headed / dizzy and fainted for the first time in my life. Shits weird, never had medical issues like this in my life.

7. Just some advice, considering doctors really can't do that much for viral infections.
    DIET is important. Really focus on eating foods that will yield the most nutrients, avoid anything pre-made as they are drained of nutritional value and pumped with artificial flavors and such. Stick with fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, and lean cuts of meat. Orange juice. Vitamin C. Vitamin b12. etc.

exercise, even if you don't feel like it. it will help you more than i can say in a paragraph. release endorphins, help you feel better. release toxins, help you feel better. the right exercises can relieve tension in your muscles, improve circulation, and probably help with that vascular problem you've got there.

cut out soda. drink only water and juice.

these things can apply to life in general, but it will also do WONDERS when you're sick if you don't already do them.
    and if you do, then keep on keeping on and try a different doctor who might consider this as a more serious problem.

one time i had a severely weird reaction to a viral infection
    my immune system started ATTACKING ME
    and even after the viral symptoms started going away, the problem didn't
    it got to the point where i had a weird condition called polymyalgia rheumatica
    Polymyalgia rheumatica - PubMed Health
    and temporal arteritis
    Temporal arteritis - PubMed Health

untreated, it could have caused serious problems
    i was in a lot of pain, i had limited mobility, and they treated me with IV steroids and fluids for a week.
    i was able to go home, and take an oral dose of prednisone which made me gain a lot of weight
    and i was finally able to go off it, with no symptoms
    and VERY LITTLE explanation as to what caused this
    other than
    you had a virus
    and your body freaked out
    i had ulcers in my throat, also
    i found out when i went to the ENT and had a scope thing shoved down my nose into my throat
    idk what this has to do with you, but i thought HEY MAYBE THIS STORY COULD HELP YOU
    or maybe it will make you paranoid
    haha idk
    hope i offered something
    in my rant

8. Just you saying it made you faint to me is cause for concern. I would bring this all up with your doctor again. If he schelps you off, then see someone else.

9. Yeah I already basically only drink water, and have been going to the gym like 4-5 days a week. That sucks I didn't even know about viral infections until now.

I was off in college when it happened and went to the clinic the next day, they tested me for signs of a concussion / stroke but found nothing, but noticed my uneven pupil sizes and were concerned about me describing my vein. It's trippy cause my left pupil gets bigger than the other considerably at times and the vein thats dilated a lot is at my left temple.

The clinic sent me to emergency and the doctor there checked my heart said everything was fine, said my uneven pupils are normal, and that the vein is normal then just sent me off. Weird cause honestly everybody tells me
    it's all normal yet I never had it before, and it also start occurring while I had this so called viral infection in my throat, which also made it sore only on the left side at first.

But idunno, i'm pretty sure I fainted because I was high and freaked myself out, though I do remember a popping sensation right before it happened. I remember the doctor at the clinic looked kind of worried when I said advil made literally everything go away lol, but emergency at hospital did say I was fine.. idunno anymore i'm just confused :p

10. get another opinion
    and pay attention to signs your body tells you