Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Digital Scale

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Blazed., Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hello tokers, does anyone know of a digital scale app for the iPhone? I'm not sure if such a thing exists, but if it did that would be very convenient.

Thanks,
    Blazed

2. there are a lot of them on the iphone app store, but they are all useless as far as ive seen.

3. There's a few, but they're just for show. Why anyone would want a scale that doesn't work is beyond me, but they're there. You can always count on apple to make things that look good, but don't work. :D

4. I see people blame apple for the apps. Independent programmers make them unless the author is, of course, apple :p

5. How convenient would it be if one of these apps worked? My mouth is watering already.

6. It would be very convenient, but finding one that actually works is very very hard. Some use the accelerometer, some use "the screen." All in all, you're gonna get better results with a ruler and pennies. :p

7. I laugh everytime someone talks about scale apps. The screens work through some sort of electro-pulsing or some shit. I looked it up one time but iPhones and a majority of droids are not pressure sensitive.

8. Yeah, I know. I guess I just felt like taking a shot at apple. :hello:

9. That is incredibly correct, I forgot about that. So a scale app in entirely out of the question. A man can dream though

10. Yep, most touchscreens nowadays are "capacitive", instead of the older "resistive" technology (pressure-sensitive). FWIW, I doubt resistive touchscreens can accurately weigh anything either. (I'm an electrical engineering student, so there's thought behind this, despite me not typing out the full reasoning ;).)