Digital Macro Photography compleet with **no HDR**

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Dreadlocker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. those are amazing. the first and second ones are the best IMO. where are these taken?

2. in the woods mostly. some in the mountains.

3. reminds me of the Rockies for sure, doesn't entirely look like them though

4. I really like the second photo and especially all of your black and white captures . .. :)

5. Loving the shots, but only two are macro.

6. Beautiful shots, love the 2nd one. Keep shootin'!

7. Your photos just made my eyes orgasm. :smoke:

What kind of camera do you use?

8. just a simple nikon d70 and a underwater point and shoot

9. Nice I have the same camera, what kinda of lens do you prefer? I have been looking around for my next one but I'm not sure what I want.

I just bought a 55-200mm and I have a 18-50mm that came with the kit.

10. i used to own more lenses, i had a 70-200 2.8 af sigma (loved it) I have a 2.8 105mm Sigma Macro with AF, and the 18-70mm kit lense.

if i could have any setup i would get a 50mm 1.4, an 18-70 2.8 (or something similiar) and a 70-200 2.8 vr

11. Do you use any flashes?

I had a SB-600 until the batteries exploded and fried the circuit board. I was thinking of getting another one but a part of me wants to try a different one maybe.

It's crazy how expensive some lenses can get, but I have stumbled across some cheap ones online. But I'm a little skeptic to buy a used lens since online since I normally like to test it before I buy it.

12. Not macro photography, but great shots nonetheless my friend. :smoke:

13. #14 *ColtClassic*, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2011

A Vivitar 285HV goes for about $85 from what I've seen. Way cheaper than any Canon or Nikon brand strobe and just as powerful too.

I never use this flash for TTL metering (use it in full manual), but It may support TTL metering (just never have had a use for it).

That flash bounces and has different telephoto settings, it pretty much does anything. (except for swivel)

14. Wow those are amazing, I especially like the 3rd one, looks very psychedelic :smoke:

15. used to have a 600 n 800 but sold them

16. Which of the two did you prefer when you had them? I have only been able to get my hands on a 600.

17. 800 for sure but both were good. i used the 800 on camera as a commander and used the 600 wireless and could control its settings on the 800.

:)

18. Neat, I haven't had a opportunity to use two flashes. Is it difficult to set up?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't come across hands on experience. :D

19. it is as difficult as you make it. a basic understanding of light ratios and studio photography will help