Digital Camera, What Visual Settings For Pics

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by geetardude, May 15, 2014.

1. I have a Vivitar X029 digital camera. I think its a cheap thing, but takes decent pics. I am trying to take some pics of my plants, but I can't get the pics to convey my issues on the plants. Yellowing doesn't show, and paler leaves look like normal green ones. I've looked at the instructions but it doesn't say what settings are good for what scenarios and lighting.

I am taking the pics under the Metal Halide bulb right now, it's where I can get the best quality so far. If I bring them into the bathroom under an incandescent, the pics are always shaded blue, and no matter what visual settings I set it to, it's always shaded blue! I need to get my deficiencies to show up on the pics, but it's not working out. Any one have any experience with this camera? 

If your camera has a custom white balance setting, then place a sheet of white paper underneath the lights (in the same area as the plants) and take a picture with the paper covering the whole frame. Use that picture as your reference for your custom white balance setting - now all of the pictures will be in the correct color temperature. Make sure after you are done to set your white balance back to normal.

As you move through different lighting conditions, the color temperature is going to change. Human eyes and cameras see differently. Cameras will not compenstate for color temperature changes like the human eye and need to be manipulated to achieve the same effect.

http://youtu.be/JGki9QfPoqM