Digging a hole for grow room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigOrange2, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Do you think it would be possible to dig a fairly large hole near my house and run an extension cord to it and simulate basically an indoor grow in this hole, and cover it up with something everytime i exit it? Or does that sound foolish?

2. if you dont think about the hassle itd be to dig the big ass hole and reinforce the walls so they dont cave in on the poor lil plants if it rains or if something heavy is set on the ground next to the hole, and thats another big problem rain. unless put a big big bag in the hole or covered the sides and bottom in plastic, and had raised lips on the hole to prevent water runnin into it.and im sure theres alot of other problems/draw backs, basicly its just a lot of work. cool idea but alot of work.

3. Well, i used to dig holes for fun when I was little, lol... The most recent hole i dug was probably when i was asbout 16, and i dug it big enough for 4 people to sit and toke, it had seats and everything, lol. I never reinforced it, and rain never really seemed to build up there every time i covered it with a big pieces of plywood. It would be a bit damp and what not, but not really any build up of water on the bottom. If i decide to do this hole idea, i would probably reinforce the sides, and also get large peices of white plastic to cover all the sides...

4. sounds like effort

5. I'm dedicated to getting away with growing pot, no matter how much it takes.

6. whats funny is that i knew a kid that dug a hole to toke in before too

7. the damp thing is a problem, it invites mold. lol me and my friends did stuff like that when we were younger im sure you could get it to work after a few trys and working the kinks out,how big you plan on makin it? it might be easier to try and find a free fridge to gut and put in the side yard or garage, or you could buy a cheap cabinet (the kind you assemble yourself) from like walmart and do the same. but i think itd be easier to just try to grow outdoors in pots and hide it. if you have a few plants in the back yard you can hide it pretty easy. do you have an attic that you never use at your house. like i know above my garage/underneath my bedroom theres a big attic space (two story house). but i know single stories have attics (or crawlspace) too

8. I joined today. I can read and respond to others post, but no way of posting a new topic! wtf?!

9. they dont call it posting a new topic, its the new thread button on the upper left side of the screen

10. Yes... NEW THREAD... anyway, yes i have a crawl space here in my house, but it's all unstable, and if you step on it, youll fall through the ceiling... but there are boards in which i could put peices of plywood across. But then there's always the fact that it's loaded with spiders and what not up there, and i've seen a few black widows up there before, no joke... I thought of the crawl space idea already, and i think it would be just too big of a hassle to get all the stuff up there, because i still live with my parents and im almost 19, i only have a small amount of time to do my many marijuana related things when they go to the store or whatever.. which is why i've had my plants out in the woods, but now that they all got jacked, and it's too late in the season, i'm going to have to go with indoor style. And because i just like digging holes for some reason, i thought maybe that would be a suitable place, but i guess not...

11. Must have to be a member for 1 day or something weird. Meanwhile my plants are fukin dieing, i need help quik! All i see is "User CP - faq - PHOTO GALL - CALENDER - NEW POSTS - SEARCH etc" This F*** up! GRRRRRR!!!

12. lol its cool big orange you sound like me (age spiders in the space and all), except my dad smokes and my moms ok with me growin so i do it in the backyard for now. but i also started a closet set up i took the droors out of a the droors set in my closet and i put the plants in there. the sides block light from showin through the closet door, and dependin on the size you could fit 2 mature ladys or maybe 10-12 clones.

13. I think it could be done bigorange but were would you dig it?Also, if you only have time for doing weed stuff when your parents are gone wouldnt it take a while to dig a hole big enough for a grow room? But I have seen houses with big caves underneath
    full of plants so I think it is possible. :D

14. you remind me of me a year ago around this time too I was eager to grow weed a year later I still didnt succesfully harvest a plant never give up and keep trying and if you have any problems were here to help also from seeing what you want to do your vision as they call it I would say your first thing to do is figure out how many Oz you want every four months that will decide how many plants you need and how big your space is gonna be therefore how much you have to dig

15. Well I've grown a single plant before all by myself, but it turned out to be a male.. lol.. I'm just lookin for a FAT person stash, that will lasts me months while toking everyday. I've been busted for dealing before, so i dont really want to get back in to that... It's just hard as hell to find grow spaces around here, no matter where i look... And i think its pretty obvious that ive looked at A LOT of places to grow if i'm willing to dig a damn hole to grow in... I'm just so sick of spending money on pot when it can be as simple as taking some bagseed and getting the proper shit to grow, and grow your own pot for "free". I know it's not totally free, but i look at it this way, might as well be, because i've already spent the money on all the supplies to grow, and i've got my money back to where it was, so i'm good. Could be just free pot free here on out, but i need a grow space!

16. so what kind of equipment you have

17. shit if your in norcal dude ill help you dig.

18. Dozens of several sized pots, pounds and pounds of quality soil, one 600w HPS light with ballast, 4 fluoros for seedlings and cuttings, two nice plugin timers, one non-electric humidigraph/temperature gage, one digital humidigraph/temperature reader, and a lot of white pain and several boxes of tinfoil. And i think that about wraps it up

19. Lol. That'd be tight, it'd be kick ass to have a parter in a grow. Unfortunetely, i live in northern washington...