Diffusers: What do they do?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by DaZEED&ConFuseD, Mar 8, 2006.

1. What do diffusers do? I was thinking about getting a bong and I keep hearing about all these accessories. So whats the deal?

2. It's a downstem that has holes in it at the bottom to allow for noticeablu smoother hits.

3. Ya a bunch of smaller bubbles instead of just a big hole at the bottom of the female stem.

4. as far as i know I'mma take a guess and say thats its a multiholed downstem for your bong that makes smaller holes rather than the strate tube that is big bubbles so basically it chops up the smoke more... added bonus its harder to get a wet face with one of them too :D

5. Yep, it allows the smoke to be broken down into smaller bubbles.

Which means for you. dense, smoother, cleaner hits.

6. Diffusers diffuse the smoke... sorry i could not resist it.

7. I was going to say it if no one else did.

8. geta diffusing downstem, its def worth it makes more of a sputtering noise rather than a glugging noise, breaks te bubbles up smaller

9. Eh, my downstem has diffusor holes on it, but its open ended. I'm not broken up about it... Its a good quick pull, and still smooth as hell.

10. not true. I still get splashed once in a while on a sharp hit.

11. top of the page - S-E-A-R-C-H

ull find some good stuff.

12. you can put marbles in bongs also if u dont have a diffuser.

13. I'd be so afraid that I'd inhale so hard that the marble would get into my lungs.

Of course that can't happen, but.... the fear is here!!! :eek: