Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

diffusers, ash catchers, and bongs

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by violet2, May 6, 2009.

1. so i have a bong. its local blown and it gets the job done. i have some questions about it that im hoping some of you can answer.

1. Bong water: i dont really know how much water to put in but im a pretty experienced toker so i just filled it till the bubbles sounded not to airy and not to fat (right about where the color changes from violet to clear). but its hard to get the right amount to get no splash. so is there a way to prevent the splash?

2. My new bong is not a GonG bong. It is all glass but i am not sure if i can put a glass down bowl into the downstem. at the glass shop the guy gave me a bowl with a rubber stopper on it. is it possible to put a glass bowl into this kind of downstem?

3. If indeed i can put a glass bowl on this type of a downstem can i put a diffuser into it as well as an ash catcher?

heres a picture of my bong:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pretty sweet glass/gromet bong, i have one similar but with no base/stand. there really isnt a way to provent splash up but only to suck lighter to lessen the splash up. u can buy a glass on glass kit at ur local heahshop and buy bowls for it also. as for the water i have mine about a 1/4 of the way up the down stem and that seems to lessen the drag and bubbles quite nicely.

3. ya thats what i figured about the splash. its new so im trying to figure it out still. but as for the water, the downstem reaches about another inch down into the violet part and i fill it to where the violet ends, so that seems about right. maybe if i fill it with a bit less water that lower bubble will prevent the splashes to come all the way up through the second bubble.

4. you're not gonna be able to use the typical GonG attachments you would get. but you can definetly find a nice ash catcher with a rubber stopper that will fit right in. if you really want all those glass on glass attachments you can go grab a GonG for ~$80. but what you have looks pretty nice right now, and word of thumb for the water is put it no more than an inch above the hole in your downstem if you want less bubbles